Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P229 project gun

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Bit of a twist in this saga. I have a buddy who is a memember here that graciously offered to trade me his p229 9mm for my p229 357, both around the same age. We worked out a trade as his is better condition and I'm off the races. Same modifications will be done but no conversion. I am super excited about this process and have lined up a rmr already. Let's get a color scheme post challenge going.. how should I have this gun refinished? I like Todd's p229 but if someone has a better idea that pays homage to the forum let me know
    I'm partial to the original two-tone (with nickel controls):

Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    I'm partial to the original two-tone (with nickel controls):

Ohh that's sweet as well... I love 1911s with the reverse two tone but that is nice

I will probably use this thread to follow the progress of the build and round count. Most likely ordering jm appendix goodness tomorrow for it. Which will be orange for obvious reasons..

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    I believe his 229 is in .357 hence the bbl swap. I think.
    I missed that.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Ohh that's sweet as well... I love 1911s with the reverse two tone but that is nice
    The 80’s two-tone 1911 look is still my favorite aesthetically. Black nitrided/blued slide on a stainless/chrome/NP3 frame is how I think all metal-framed guns should look.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Ed View Post
    Are you sure it says "M13" and not "MH3" ?

The number is not printed on the sight; it's engraved, either on the side of it, or on the flat on the front sight, looking down on the slide. Some of the older sights have it marked on the front side of the rear sight (my old folded slide 220 is marked this way)

Sig P229s in 357 Sig ship with #8 rears and #8 fronts; those in 40 ship with #6 fronts and #8 rears by default.

https://www.realgunreviews.com/sig-s...sight-numbers/
    As I can barely see it even with my glasses (after cleaning off the lint), I'm sure you are correct.

I like Todd's p229 but if someone has a better idea that pays homage to the forum let me know

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    The 80’s two-tone 1911 look is still my favorite aesthetically. Black nitrided/blued slide on a stainless/chrome/NP3 frame is how I think all metal-framed guns should look.
    Oh my goodness. I get so weak kneed over that look!

Quote Originally Posted by S Jenks View Post
    I really dislike live pistols that are made to look like inert trainers. Seriously bad idea in my personal view.

I vote NP3 frame, nitride slide and controls. The aluminum frames are well suited to an abrasion resistant finish.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

User Tag List