Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P229 project gun

Site Supporter
    So holster wise, the big options I see are JM custom and Dark Star gear. I’m assuming that the respective models are the same as their counterparts for Glock/beretta etc. Length wise, how does a P226 holster compare to a Glock 34 holster? I’m assuming that with a 4.4 inch barrel, it’s a little more than g17 length?

If it’s between g17 and g34, that might actually be the perfect AIWB holster length for me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    P22X SIGs aside, I generally get slide bite without a beavertail, so I prefer one personally. I'm guessing Jedi doesn't have that problem, so it makes sense why he prefers without.

Didn’t you shoot a SP2022?

How did you like them vs the CZs you now use?

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    P22X SIGs aside, I generally get slide bite without a beavertail, so I prefer one personally. I'm guessing Jedi doesn't have that problem, so it makes sense why he prefers without.
    P22X have sufficient slide height that a beavertail is mostly cosmetic. USP slide and back of the frame extends so far behind the grip that it is kind of a built-in beavertail. I find both guns index about the same for me, in case that matters to anyone.

Apropos of nothing, a fun fact on P220s: The German-made beavertails are kind of exaggerated. On the German-made Super Match, that keeps it from fitting in the IDPA box. When they started P220 frame production in the U.S., there was some design updating done. In addition to beefing it up for 10mm, they shortened the tail so the Super Match fits in the IDPA box.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Didn’t you shoot a SP2022?

How did you like them vs the CZs you now use?
    The P2340 in 40/357SIG was the very first gun I ever owned. In retrospect, I like everything about it except the location of the slide catch lever and the caliber. At the time, I was super skinny and carried strong side IWB so it was a little too big for me to conceal and I moved on.

It's a little chunky by current standards and has almost no aftermarket support. I haven't seen shops that mill for an RDS. Other than that, it remains a solid choice.
    David S.

So I think I'm gonna do the dak to da/sa myself. Finding all the parts has not been fun. Will sig sell parts directly to a non armorer?

I can only speak indirectly. I ran a standard frame P226 for a couple years. I now carry CZ P07/09's, which have longer beavertails than the Legions. I haven't personally noticed any difference in carry comfort or draw performance.

From a drawing performance perspective, I moved from gripping the gun with a "full master grip" (thumb between the frame/slide and belly) which looks like this:

Attachment 77738

to a "Claw Grip," where the thumb grips over the top of the beavertail and hammer. It looks like this:

Attachment 77739

I personally learned the Claw grip from Scott "Jedi" Jedlinski of Modern Samurai Project a few years ago. There's several benefits when you're working that 1 second draw "for the 'grams." Most applicable to your question is that you don't have to over extend your thumb to navigate it up, over and around the beavertail to get it in position between your gun and your belly. You just place it on the back of the hammer, then move it along side the gun during the press out. He recommends the Claw technique for all guns carried AIWB, beavertail or not.
    An additional major advantage of this grip is it minimizes skid marks from your thumb in your stomach.

These rabbit holes we go down are related to the passion for handguns that fuels this forum. We all know, deep down, that all these platforms can be shot well, and that it is the Indian not the arrow. That hasn't stopped me from spending many years and many dollars chasing increments.

Based on one magazine through my 226, I could easily carry it, but I would want industry solutions to easy red dot mounting and appropriate support gear like RDS retention holsters. I haven't looked -- is their a MOS style solution for optic mounting on the P series?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    So I think I'm gonna do the dak to da/sa myself. Finding all the parts has not been fun. Will sig sell parts directly to a non armorer?
    Yes. Not every variant of every part (e.g., no nickel sear), but a lot of them.

https://www.sigsauer.com/sig-sauer-small-parts-shoppers
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    An additional major advantage of this grip is it minimizes skid marks from your thumb in your stomach.

These rabbit holes we go down are related to the passion for handguns that fuels this forum. We all know, deep down, that all these platforms can be shot well, and that it is the Indian not the arrow. That hasn't stopped me from spending many years and many dollars chasing increments.

Based on one magazine through my 226, I could easily carry it, but I would want industry solutions to easy red dot mounting and appropriate support gear like RDS retention holsters. I haven't looked -- is their a MOS style solution for optic mounting on the P series?
    There is, to my knowledge it’s only available on legion guns though. Since it’s sig I believe you’re stuck with a DPP cut, but CHPWS might make adapter plates.

Also, since it’s sig, it’s possible that some P series legions are RMR compatible like the P320 RXP.

Quote Originally Posted by Hstanton1 View Post
    There is, to my knowledge it’s only available on legion guns though. Since it’s sig I believe you’re stuck with a DPP cut, but CHPWS might make adapter plates.

Also, since it’s sig, it’s possible that some P series legions are RMR compatible like the P320 RXP.
    This forum is expensive.

https://www.sigsauer.com/slide-assem...ready-blk.html
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    No kidding!

I’m glad to see that sig is putting these out, and I’m looking forward to hearing about your testing with it.

User Tag List