Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P229 project gun

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    You can get an optics cut factory slide 226 or 229 for about $500. I would do that before buying a legion unless you want SAO.
    If one is purchasing one of these, I'd verify it has the RMR holes, if that's something important for the end user. Only the most recent versions have them, IME, and there are a ton of them floating around that will only accept the Delta Point and Romeo footprints.

Do they make optics ready slides for the older framed guns like we have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    Do they make optics ready slides for the older framed guns like we have?

Yes.

I don’t believe the rail dimensions have changed on any of the classic Sig models. I personally own 4 long external extractor slides and they have been problem free on an assortment of stainless and aluminum frames.

I am obligated to carry a 320 variant at work, but I still carry a P226 daily when I get to choose.

t

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    Yes.

I don’t believe the rail dimensions have changed on any of the classic Sig models. I personally own 4 long external extractor slides and they have been problem free on an assortment of stainless and aluminum frames.

I am obligated to carry a 320 variant at work, but I still carry a P226 daily when I get to choose.

t
    Well then. To me that’s the smartest play if you want to try a optics setup. Then you ain’t butchering the classic slide.

Would be interesting but I bet tracking the dot will be different than a g19/g17 with the slide movement. Not bad, just different.

I bought a 226 slide with a 6 moa Romeo 1 Pro for $509 less ten percent today from Optics Planet.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    After reading & watching this thread for a while, it made me nostalgic for my P229. I was issued this 229 in the '92 -'93 time-frame and carried it for nearly 20, till we switched to Glocks. I put a shit load of rounds through it, which made it's trigger buttery smooth in DA or SA. When we switched platforms, we were given the opportunity to purchase the 229, which I did.

So, I rooted around the back of the safe and pulled out the gray box. Cleaned it up and ordered these:

Ameriglo Hack sights

Gray Guns fat guide rod

Mec-Gar +3 9MM mags

Barsto 9MM conversion barrel

Name:  IMG_1036.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  80.5 KB

Will be interesting to see, after nearly a decade with the Glock how much I'll like it!
    "There are two ways to do most anything- right and again."

Installed legion slide catch and decocker. Had interface issue with Hogue g10 grips at slide catch lever. Had to dremel and sand to fit correctly.

Site Supporter
    As much as I like the legion slide stop, I’ve noticed that it makes manually locking the slide to the rear pretty difficult without breaking my grip. Yet another feature that’s making a plain Jane P229R more attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by Hstanton1 View Post
    As much as I like the legion slide stop, I’ve noticed that it makes manually locking the slide to the rear pretty difficult without breaking my grip. Yet another feature that’s making a plain Jane P229R more attractive.
    Do it, Robert Burke charges 245 to go through the gun and clean it up if you need. I'm sending my dak to convert and get worked through. Then gonna send my training 229 to get the same work eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Hstanton1 View Post
    While you are shooting? Or just handling to lock back the slide?

I was having too many failures of not locking the slide back from my thumb hitting the factory lever. Now it seems to be gtg. You basically can not drop the slide with the legion slide catch. But I’m willing to overhand to release the slide lock vs having to load a mag and re rack.

User Tag List