Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P229 project gun

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Wing claw 2.0. Carries just as well as my g48 did
    I’m running the 2.5 and I’ll agree with how good it is. It’s my daily winter carry.

Name:  C184A4CB-420B-40A6-85DF-6CD2773D8203.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  57.5 KB

Site Supporter
    Rented a P226 tacops and a M11-A1 at the range today because of this thread and shot them alongside my RDO PX4cc. Neither were quite on par with the px4 because of the dot and because I’ve shot the beretta more, but I found both sigs to be significantly easier to shoot well than the elite LTT I just bought from this forum.

The sights and trigger on the LTT are objectively better, but something about the grip of the sigs made them very easy to shoot and control recoil with. I even found that I like the large shelf created by the decocker.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Noir View Post
    This is a great thread!

To the OP of this thread, may blessings be upon your recent marriage.

To those more knowledgeable than I, which is pretty much everybody, I have a P229 question.

Not too long ago I bought yet another SIG all-metal pistol (yes, firmly enchanted with those) and it is a 229 two-tone with all black controls, levers, buttons, hammer etc. Not a brand new gun but not very much used, and it is old enough to have the original 229 slide profile. I thought the slide to be stainless steel, but a previous post mentioned nickel.

So could it be that my slide is electrolysis nickel?

Bart Noir
    A .380 is certainly more effective than the proverbial sharp retort.
    Material is stainless and the nickel stuff is coating I believe.

I think after they went to the non folded slide, they are all stainless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couple of years ago CDNN was selling trade in .40 229s. I got one and stuck it in a corner; recently got around to taking it out. Was very pleased with the results; need to take it out for a second trip to see if it's just the new-to-me thing, but it was really nice. It carries easier than a G17 in a Wing Claw 2.5 -- not quite as easy as a Commander but definitely in the ballpark. If I do fall in love I'll need to decide whether to convert it to 9 (will my five mags still work? Will I need new sights? Night sights are dead anyway).
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Couple of years ago CDNN was selling trade in .40 229s. I got one and stuck it in a corner; recently got around to taking it out. Was very pleased with the results; need to take it out for a second trip to see if it's just the new-to-me thing, but it was really nice. It carries easier than a G17 in a Wing Claw 2.5 -- not quite as easy as a Commander but definitely in the ballpark. If I do fall in love I'll need to decide whether to convert it to 9 (will my five mags still work? Will I need new sights? Night sights are dead anyway).
    Idk about mags but mecgar 15 rounders work well. Barsto makes a great barrel for conversion and the sig xray sights go on sale for 60 dollars for 3 dot night sights all the time.

I have a number of 229 and 226 pistols, and always enjoyed shooting them. I took a 226 through the Rogers School one year.

I always found the 226 easier for me to shoot low prob targets, but I am not sure whether that was sight radius or something else. I would like to try a 229 with a dot and see.

Despite the rap for reduced quality, I had great luck with a number of later model 226 pistols — they just ran and ran for me.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Greg Cote has mags for $22 each.
    David S.

She is now ready for carry.

Gotta love that JMCK goodness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have a number of 229 and 226 pistols, and always enjoyed shooting them. I took a 226 through the Rogers School one year.

I always found the 226 easier for me to shoot low prob targets, but I am not sure whether that was sight radius or something else. I would like to try a 229 with a dot and see.

Despite the rap for reduced quality, I had great luck with a number of later model 226 pistols — they just ran and ran for me.
    One of the things I always liked about the 22x series...go to the range with a Glock, or a CZ, whatever...put a few hundred rounds down in practice. Then load up a 9mm P22x and take a couple shots..."man this thing shoots soft, why don't I use this more often" is usually the end result...

Name:  553F0038-CC7F-46A6-8DBD-A79121D136DC.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  103.9 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List