Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P229 project gun

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    Makes sense. I just looked at the ELS. Very cool but I’m to cheap to drop the $ for it. I’m running the 19lb mainspring and it lightened up the pull significantly. 18 was even better but I had the occasional light strike so stepped back up.
    I installed the gray guns srt, fat guide rod. Wolff recoil and extra power firing pin spring. Hogue grips and screws. Talon tape for front strap. Bought some mec gar mags. Jmck iwb should be here any day along with X-ray sights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There’s something about a P series DA trigger… my P220 is a delight to shoot DA, and so is my SP2022.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    There’s something about a P series DA trigger… my P220 is a delight to shoot DA, and so is my SP2022.
    The sig pro DA is the only DA sig I recall, but I recall it being utterly excellent

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I haven't side-by-sided it against my latest S&W revolver, but my M11-A1 is definitely top three of DAs that I own. (All have received careful TLC, but use stock springs.)
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Sig P229 project gun

I am no long range target shooter. But I was able to nail a 25 yard headshot easily with the DA and ring steel consistently at 50 yards with the DA as well. May be heavier but it’s smooth and the break is great. I could not make the same hits as easily with the LTT and that had much better sights and a DA break that was 3# lighter.

This was one example. I put top of front sight at top edge of head box. Every time was similar. I was damn happy with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a great thread!

To the OP of this thread, may blessings be upon your recent marriage.

To those more knowledgeable than I, which is pretty much everybody, I have a P229 question.

Not too long ago I bought yet another SIG all-metal pistol (yes, firmly enchanted with those) and it is a 229 two-tone with all black controls, levers, buttons, hammer etc. Not a brand new gun but not very much used, and it is old enough to have the original 229 slide profile. I thought the slide to be stainless steel, but a previous post mentioned nickel.

So could it be that my slide is electrolysis nickel?

Bart Noir
    A .380 is certainly more effective than the proverbial sharp retort.

I dig this thread! I used to have a P229-1 before I foolishly sold it for something else. I had just about found the secret sauce for me on that gun too. Short reach trigger, chunkier stock grips, it shot fantastically in my hands. If I could go back in time, I’d probably convince myself to not sell it and I’d have a brace of P229s and a brace of P226s at this point.

I like the original SIG reverse two-tone look with silver controls. Do that, install the SRT system, and chuck whatever sights you want on top and I think you’re golden.

Name:  20210924_155039.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  44.9 KB

P228 with work done by the Sig Armorer. Going to make sure she runs good with 1000 fmj and then 300 147 grain gold dot and carry it. P229 for training gun and my other 229 as a spare. I am incredibly nerdy when it comes to old sigs now. This 228 reminds me of the 226 in the movie heat. May get an old 226 in the future just to have

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    JMCK? Which model?
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    JMCK? Which model?
    Wing claw 2.0. Carries just as well as my g48 did

User Tag List