Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P229 project gun

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    While you are shooting? Or just handling to lock back the slide?

I was having too many failures of not locking the slide back from my thumb hitting the factory lever. Now it seems to be gtg. You basically can not drop the slide with the legion slide catch. But I’m willing to overhand to release the slide lock vs having to load a mag and re rack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just while locking the slide back during administrative handling. In my limited exposure to shooting P series sigs, I haven’t really found thatI have many problems with the guns not locking back, at least compared to how common that issue is for me with glocks.

I have noticed that the legion slide stop makes dropping the slide with the strong hand thumb more difficult, but I tend to do that with my support hand anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Hstanton1 View Post
    Just while locking the slide back during administrative handling. In my limited exposure to shooting P series sigs, I haven’t really found thatI have many problems with the guns not locking back, at least compared to how common that issue is for me with glocks.

I have noticed that the legion slide stop makes dropping the slide with the strong hand thumb more difficult, but I tend to do that with my support hand anyway.
    Funny how we all interface with stuff different. I have never had issues with the Glock lock back but do the Sigs I’ve owned. Great part about all the options available! We can tinker something to our liking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I bought a 226 slide with a 6 moa Romeo 1 Pro for $509 less ten percent today from Optics Planet.
    Would this assembly work on an early 226 with the two piece pinned slide?

When I went to Narcs in '95 my agency didn't issue detectives guns but allowed us to use personal arms rather than our spiffy Ruger 91DCs uniform arm.

I chose the 226 and a G23.

The .40 GLOCK went to a BIL about 20 years ago, but the old 226 and our later issued P229 still remain in the safe.

This thread has me wanting to fiddle with those ol' blasters and the 226 slide sale referenced above seems a quick way to get into the RDS realm.
    "Backstabbers and window-lickers rise to the top of human organizations like oxygen-rich turds in a champagne fountain. I suspect it's been that way since at least the Bronze Age." _ Me. 2016

My barely fired 2004 sig p229 dak is current at Robert Burke getting converted and some fluff done. He was really easy to work with and gave me a phone call discussing what I was looking for and why. Highly recommend working with him, really great communication.

Site Supporter
    Shot the 229 legion and a 226 legion SAO the other day. Man, the legion series is really growing on me. If I ever transition to SAO guns, it’ll probably be the sig. The size and shape of the thumb safety combined with the thickness of the grip make it without a doubt the most viable manual safety I’ve ever used, handily beating out staccato, the WC EDCx9 series, and every other 1911 I’ve messed with.

The 229 legion compared very very well to the 92, and I think with a sight swap or a mill job for a RMR or 507k it would be an absolute laser beam. It’s the first gun with which the concept of locking my wrists to manage recoil has really clicked.

Been looking around on gunbroker, 80% of the 229s on there are legions and the ones that aren’t, are not much cheaper.

Name:  982311B1-792F-47C7-B8BC-E37372ACC1A0.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  68.6 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by coldcase1984 View Post
    Would this assembly work on an early 226 with the two piece pinned slide?

When I went to Narcs in '95 my agency didn't issue detectives guns but allowed us to use personal arms rather than our spiffy Ruger 91DCs uniform arm.

I chose the 226 and a G23.

The .40 GLOCK went to a BIL about 20 years ago, but the old 226 and our later issued P229 still remain in the safe.

This thread has me wanting to fiddle with those ol' blasters and the 226 slide sale referenced above seems a quick way to get into the RDS realm.
    P226 slides / barrels / frames should all interchange.

The P229s have some compatibility issues between US and German frames, railed / non railed frames, early 9mm frames vs 40 / -1 frames etc.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    P226 slides / barrels / frames should all interchange.

The P229s have some compatibility issues between US and German frames, railed / non railed frames, early 9mm frames vs 40 / -1 frames etc.
    This. Sig notes in its email promos that the RDS slides only work with newer railed P229s. No issues between P226s.

Site Supporter
    Managed to trade a LTT 92 centurion for a short extractor/solid pin P226 with SRT installed, should be able to pick it up Friday.

Does anyone have experience with the g10 grayguns grips? Those or some variety of hogue allround checkered grips seem like the best options, but it seems like the GG grips won’t need any modifications while the allround grips will probably need some dremeling.

I thought you SIG nerds might appreciate this P239 package for sale on SigForum. I would. PM if you want an email.
    David S.

User Tag List