Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Sig P229 project gun

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Hogue G10s arrived today and installed. Much better. Have JMCK holster ordered, that’ll be a little bit. Ordered a couple of MecGars from Greg Cote. Those should arrive soon. Holding off on sights until after the first range trip to see how it goes.

I did notice while doing a quick field strip when installed the G10 grips that someone got white grease in a lot of places it didnt need to be but missed some spots (frame and slide rails) that it needed to be. Cleaned all that out and added oil. I’m gonna like that better I believe. I wonder if it got traded off because the frame and slide rails were bone dry and it was having malfunctions.
    G10s on the way for mine as well. My JMCK IWB3 arrives Friday. Debating sights as well, but do not like three dot setups in general so those most likely will go. Ameriglo Protectors, 10-8 fiber optic set or Trijicon fiber optic set is where I am circling.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    Also 320C holsters work for the 229R and 229.

Attachment 84529Attachment 84530
    For 9mm? I have a comp tac Minotaur for a P250C and it’s not quite working with my .40 cal DAK.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by kjr_29 View Post
    G10s on the way for mine as well. My JMCK IWB3 arrives Friday. Debating sights as well, but do not like three dot setups in general so those most likely will go. Ameriglo Protectors, 10-8 fiber optic set or Trijicon fiber optic set is where I am circling.

I’ve had great a experience with Dawson Precision fiber optics. Can’t beat them for the $

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    I’ve had great a experience with Dawson Precision fiber optics. Can’t beat them for the $
    I have as well, but I am not liking their rear sight for the Sig, and have a mental block with mixing / matching front and rears. That reminds me, I need to look at Wilson Combat’s offering.

Site Supporter
    For 9mm? I have a comp tac Minotaur for a P250C and it’s not quite working with my .40 cal DAK.

Can't comment on the P250C. The Milt Sparks Summer Special 2 and the 55BN are for a 320C and fit the German Frame/Exeter Slide 229 .40 and the 229R 9mm. I'm not familar with the Minotaur. YMMV
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

JMCK hits it out of the park again, Hogue grips are a great add.

I’m glad I found this thread. After reading through it I started doing more digging for P226 and P229 info which lead me to this post on pistol-training.com and that lead me to the P229 Thoughts thread here.

My only P229 experience goes back to a 9mm I owned 15+ years ago and a few rounds I put through a friend’s in .357. Can’t remember what shiny new (or milsurp) thing mine went down the road for.

I might just have to pick up a 226 and a 229 just to have for occasional range fun.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I’m glad I found this thread. After reading through it I started doing more digging for P226 and P229 info which lead me to this post on pistol-training.com and that lead me to the P229 Thoughts thread here.

My only P229 experience goes back to a 9mm I owned 15+ years ago and a few rounds I put through a friend’s in .357. Can’t remember what shiny new (or milsurp) thing mine went down the road for.

I might just have to pick up a 226 and a 229 just to have for occasional range fun.
    There may be a certain someone’s backup 229 going up for sale soon…older Sigarms short extractor model.

They are damn good guns and fun to shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    JMCK hits it out of the park again, Hogue grips are a great add.

How does it carry?

The DAK may not be the fastest or greatest, but I actually like it. The P239 DAK might be a great “DAO” ccw gun, but I like things that are in production.

User Tag List