Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any Credible 10 Round Magazines For Glock G22/31?

Any Credible 10 Round Magazines For Glock G22/31?

Washington state has passed a bill essentially ending high-capacity (anything over 10 rounds) magazine sales after 1 July, which the governeor is expected to sign in a heartbeat once it hits his desk (He personally considers high capacity magazines/platforms to be "weapons of war.")

I'm adequately covered by Magpul with their 10 round Pmags for my G17 and G19, and my Glock 10 rounders for my G21 are good to go with no know operational issues with either ball or hollowpoints (other than reaquiring 2 man and a boy to load the 9th and 10th round, and you best not have to reload when the slide's in battery...).

My concern is with my Gen4 G22 (which I also have a Glock .357 SIG barrel for). I've observed issues with the Glock 10 rounders in a friend's Gen 3 G22, and in my most recent Armorer's recert we were advised not to use Glock 10-rounders for duty (that is, the Glock 10 rounders for the full-size and compact Glocks, not the smaller platform Glocks that use specifically designed 10 rounders). Has Glock provided any manifacturing improvements to the .40/.357 SIG 10 rounders that make them more trustworthy and viable?

I'm unaware of any credible other aftermarket 10 round magazines for the G22/G31...

Thioughts and recommendations?

Best, Jon

The only other company making 10 rd G22 mags I'm aware of is Promag, but "credible" is not something that could be used to describe them.

If the new law only bans sales and not going into effect till July, I'd say now is the time to stock up on standard cap mags.

Recoil gunworks

Aim Surplus

Looks like recoil is out of stock at the moment, but you can sign up for notifications.

Quote Originally Posted by H8Train View Post
    The only other company making 10 rd G22 mags I'm aware of is Promag, but "credible" is not something that could be used to describe them.

If the new law only bans sales and not going into effect till July, I'd say now is the time to stock up on standard cap mags.

Recoil gunworks

Aim Surplus

Looks like recoil is out of stock at the moment, but you can sign up for notifications.
    Thanks, I've actually got a decent enough amount of the standard caps in .40, even for .357 SIG. The desire for 10 rounders is for 1) Use in IDPA to preserve my standards, and 2) until the "transportation condition" issue is addressed/resolved, i.e., if I'm transiting between "allowable use location A" to "allowable use location B" do I need to have the high/standard capacity magazines unloaded and physically seperated from the gun during the transit period?

If so, I'll need to use 10 rounders for carry.

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    if I'm transiting between "allowable use location A" to "allowable use location B" do I need to have the high/standard capacity magazines unloaded and physically seperated from the gun during the transit period?
    The bill that was just passed has no such requirement in black letter law.

If you shoot somebody who had just started getting their life together with your Glock 21 with a 13-round magazine, the headline will be that you shot them with a ghost gun machine pistol with a banned magazine however, so there's that.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    until the "transportation condition" issue is addressed/resolved, i.e., if I'm transiting between "allowable use location A" to "allowable use location B" do I need to have the high/standard capacity magazines unloaded and physically seperated from the gun during the transit period?

If so, I'll need to use 10 rounders for carry.

Best, Jon
    What issue? Be careful not to conflate the bill as passed with the other versions -- there are no restrictions at all in the passed bill on use of your own mags. If you leave the state with them and return carrying them loaded, no worries at all. You might not wanna have new mags in the wrapper, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mac View Post
    What issue? Be careful not to conflate the bill as passed with the other versions -- there are no restrictions at all in the passed bill on use of your own mags. If you leave the state with them and return carrying them loaded, no worries at all. You might not wanna have new mags in the wrapper, though.
    So just for clarity....I can still lawfully carry my "high capacity" (state definition) magazines in my ccw?

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    So just for clarity....I can still lawfully carry my "high capacity" (state definition) magazines in my ccw?
    I'm waiting to see the bill exactly as signed by Inslee when he signs.

Best, Jon

I have a friend in Washington state who was just asking me about the details of this bill. Does anyone have a link to the latest information on it?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

When the ban hit California there was pictures of riveted standard capacity magazines.

In one version of the bill it does say permanently altered to only accept 10 was okay.

It seems like that's the best bet unless Glock redesigns the10 round magazines.

If one had to clean them they could probably drill the rivets out and reinstall them.

I believe there was a template floating around the interweb to mark where the rivets would go.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have a friend in Washington state who was just asking me about the details of this bill. Does anyone have a link to the latest information on it?
    CF has a summary in the "here we go again Washington" thread

User Tag List