Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P229 project gun

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    While a newer sig makes me pause, all of mine are late 90s and early 2000. Seemingly great guns that provide a level of shootability, concealment, and safety that I had not found prior to this
    I've been around here and SIGForum a long time and I'm well aware of all the reasons you "should" avoid them, but personally, I wouldn't necessarily dismiss newer SIG P-series out of hand as a single end user. I ran a long extractor P226 for a couple years with no issues, and if it wasn't a couple quibbles that had nothing to do with build quality, I'd be running more of them. I suspect the chance of you getting a bad gun, even now, is likely very low.

Arming an agency might be a different story.
    David S.

If you’re sticking w them and haven’t already done so, I’d get the short reset kit.

https://www.topgunsupply.com/sig-sau...p229-p227.html
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    If you’re sticking w them and haven’t already done so, I’d get the short reset kit.

The GrayGuns SRT is in stock
    David S.

Site Supporter

P229 project gun

Short Reset Trigger is the way

I like nickel boron/NP3 however to apply it they strip the anodizing from the aluminum frame

Im partial to a quality cerakote over the existing receiver finish but thats my opinion

The P229 is an excellent handgun !

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post

I went that route over the Gray guns kit and have never been sorry. Super easy to install and did everything I wanted it to. I’d recommend it and do it again.

Thanks buddy…

Found a pretty nice older p229 on gun broker. Needs a little tlc but this thing is pretty damn cool. Be a great carry piece that I don’t have to worry about scratching or dinging up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After some upgrades and fresh springs I took her out today. Shoots damn nice. Have to get used to the DA weight after having a ltt elite setup. Happy with the find for sure and not much money invested.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    After some upgrades and fresh springs I took her out today. Shoots damn nice. Have to get used to the DA weight after having a ltt elite setup. Happy with the find for sure and not much money invested.

After I shot a Langdon DA - I was no longer content with my 229s trigger, which was a very good trigger. If you don’t mind me asking, why are you going the other way?

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    After I shot a Langdon DA - I was no longer content with my 229s trigger, which was a very good trigger. If you don’t mind me asking, why are you going the other way?
    There was no plan to end up with a Sig after selling LTT. I needed cash for my pup at the time. And then my buddy turned me onto the Sig idea. Which I have had a few P series in the past but no 229. I found this for a steal on gun broker.

So far though the p229 fits my hand just right and points dead on for me. I shot a ton of DA only today with her. And for bone stock weight other than well used. It was pretty damn good. I may end up Gray guns ELS to compliment their srt I installed.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    There was no plan to end up with a Sig after selling LTT. I needed cash for my pup at the time. And then my buddy turned me onto the Sig idea. Which I have had a few P series in the past but no 229. I found this for a steal on gun broker.

So far though the p229 fits my hand just right and points dead on for me. I shot a ton of DA only today with her. And for bone stock weight other than well used. It was pretty damn good. I may end up Gray guns ELS to compliment their srt I installed.

Makes sense. I just looked at the ELS. Very cool but I’m to cheap to drop the $ for it. I’m running the 19lb mainspring and it lightened up the pull significantly. 18 was even better but I had the occasional light strike so stepped back up.

User Tag List