Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P229 project gun

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    I haven’t found a factory set that I really like. The X-rays are good sights but after switching to narrow front sights, I can’t go back. The immediately gained accuracy won me over. Since everything SIG makes are fat, I ended up with a Dawson Precision fiber front with the factory rear Sharpied black. Love it.
    I particularly like the Trijicon "fiber" rear sight. Annoying thing is they don't sell them separately. The Trijicon fiber front is trash, in my opinion. The rear is nice in that the notch is narrow but DEEP. I really wish more manufacturers would take advantage of having a deep rear notch. You just get so much more feedback tracking the sights in recoil when you have X percent more notch to ride the front sight in, but maybe I'm just a weirdo.

Here's those Trijicon fibers on my P6. Yes, I bent the front on install because it's a POS. I'll probably replace the front with a Warren .115". Also over-filed the rear so ignore the bare metal.

Name:  20211116_160957_tn.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  23.7 KB

Name:  20211116_161045_tn.jpg
Views: 434
Size:  22.2 KB

DA Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    After I shot a Langdon DA - I was no longer content with my 229s trigger, which was a very good trigger. If you don’t mind me asking, why are you going the other way?
    How much better is the LTT 92 trigger than the best srt reworked 229 trigger?

I have had both. Both are great. I prefer the wider p229 trigger, so much so that I'm thinking of selling my Robert Burke worked p228 that has a thinner trigger

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by pi3 View Post
    As much as I love the 229 platform, the LTT trigger is hands down better. Smoother AND lighter. I think it’s a geometry thing. You just can’t get away with as light of a spring in the 229.

I like where the Sig trigger breaks compared to the 92. The Beretta trigger always broke too far back for me. The weight of both is fine with me.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    I like where the Sig trigger breaks compared to the 92. The Beretta trigger always broke too far back for me. The weight of both is fine with me.
    This is the way

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by pi3 View Post
    Haven't shot an LTT gun, and I've only shot classic Sigs that I've worked over myself. But my M11-A1 is ridiculously smooth. I'd like to figure out how to make my other Sigs that good. I thought my P226 was good before, but once the M11-A1 got broken in, it makes the P226 feel like there's something wrong with it. Stock hammer springs in everything.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    So do I. I have the GGI SRT, hammer strut and 17lb mainspring in my P229 and I prefer it to the LTT TJIB. In particular the newer trigger bars (Wilson and LTT) cause the trigger to break much farther back than stock. In a couple of 92s, I use the LTT components with a stock trigger bar.

For me, a SIG just fits my hand better than a Beretta. For my P229, I installed the SRT for the reset and a Grayguns trigger. I looked on the Grayguns website and I don't think it's still there, cause I swear it had the acronym of PSPIT... Looks and sounds like their current Dual Adjustable Curved Trigger though. I haven't taken it out to shoot it in a while, need to do so, cause SIG's are just laser accuracy for me...

I got mine used for $350 about 5 years ago though, back when Police trade ins had the resell for used down to nothing. Mine was just in a guy's sock drawer from what I was told. It had zero rings around the barrel so I'm half way willing to buy that story.

Quote Originally Posted by xtrtsqrt11 View Post
    For me, a SIG just fits my hand better than a Beretta. For my P229, I installed the SRT for the reset and a Grayguns trigger. I looked on the Grayguns website and I don't think it's still there, cause I swear it had the acronym of PSPIT... Looks and sounds like their current Dual Adjustable Curved Trigger though. I haven't taken it out to shoot it in a while, need to do so, cause SIG's are just laser accuracy for me...

I got mine used for $350 about 5 years ago though, back when Police trade ins had the resell for used down to nothing. Mine was just in a guy's sock drawer from what I was told. It had zero rings around the barrel so I'm half way willing to buy that story.
    The p229 that I have to just came back from Robert Burke was my cities police chiefs sock drawer gun. He had it as DAK and only shot 50 rounds through it because he preferred the p220. I had Burke do his carry package, da/sa conversion with srt, and his hammer strut. In my mind it is the best carry trigger I have had. The reset is not overly short (I don't ride the reset, I flip and press) with a definable wall. The DA is about 7 lbs and smooth as butter.

User Tag List