Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need a modification solution for a bad design on a CC pocket knife.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I think you should probably punt. It looks like a poorly engineered design. One small screw to hold the clip. Probably mild steel. I don’t see that lasting long term.
    I don’t argue that one bit but c’mon, lots of bad designs can be fixed/made better in one way or another. I don’t like that it’s come to this but hey, it is what it is. Sometimes we just gotta learn school of hard Knox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bear may have the "mission" of building the finest knives made in the USA...but it's not one they have come close to achieving (imho).

Personally, I'd invest money elsewhere. YMMV.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Bear may have the "mission" of building the finest knives made in the USA...but it's not one they have come close to achieving (imho).

Personally, I'd invest money elsewhere. YMMV.
    I definitely won’t be buying anything else from this dude, that’s for sure.

Put a screw all the way through with a nut on the far side and a spacer in the middle. Or maybe a nut in the middle.
    Looks like you might have to regrind the point to clear.
    What's the alternative, throw it in the back of the drawer and eat the price?
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Well after taking a closer look, it does look like there is a thin sheet steel liner that’s on the inside side of the handle which is weird because if that’s always been there then I can’t really understand why the threaded hole stripped out with very little effort. If it was aluminum then I can totally see it.

But anywho, I took the screw out to put some blue locktite on it and to my surprise, I really couldn’t tell if this screw had a strip of threadlocker applied to it or not but I put some more on there and I was able to put quite a bit of torque on the screwdriver and get the screw pretty dang tight so I guess we’ll see. The belt clip doesn’t hardly move at all now but I know, being that there’s only one screw, that little recess or not, it’s gonna be impossible to tighten that screw bough to not let that clip spin at all.

User Tag List