Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Late Night YT Videos

Came across a reference to a show id never heard of, The Detectorists, was mildly curious (middle of the night cant sleep moment), so looked for clips or trailers, came across this clip

I dont believe its typical of average shows, but is an interesting and fun digression into history. Other bits were mentioned in an article about the show.

Since I cant hear worth a hoot and like magpies, I looked for a version of the tune above with lyrics

The linked article mentioned a scene Id like to see, something about an outline in the grass as they are leaving a detector location. Looks like episodes can bee seen on youtube and other places.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Site Supporter
    So, @SCCY Marshal mentioned a shepherd's sling in the what you carry every day thread and that led me down a bit of a rabbit hole...ending at the slinging.org forum, the existence of which just tickles me.

ETA: Aaaand there's a Tod's Workshop video on point. Because of course there is.

My new favorite mashup:

"If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar

I do not buy guns anymore. Now I'll buy ammo. I do like some ammo. But I do not buy guns. I might get an upper. I'll buy ammo and an upper. But I do not buy guns, that is no longer part of my life. So I'll buy ammo, an upper or two, and maybe an optic. But I do not buy guns. Now I'll buy a lower at a gun show. It'd be impolite not to. So I'll buy ammo, 3-4 uppers, some red dots and a lower. But no guns.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Watch your language.

" La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

DO NOT WATCH IF YOU ARE AFRAID OF HEIGHTS.

REALLY.

Somehow...this is perfect.

-Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

User Tag List