Thread: Apple CarPlay/iPhone problem (feature or bug?)

Apple CarPlay/iPhone problem (feature or bug?)

Anytime my wife opens her camera or certain apps like Stalker Central Facebook, the radio function of the head unit automatically changes to another input source. I can't find anything in the phone, head unit or CarPlay settings to stop this and my friend Mr Google hasn't been of any help either.

And to be clear, this isn't when she's playing music from the phone through CarPlay (which is what every fix I've seen is for). This is when we're listening to the radio portion of the head unit and she opens certain things on her phone.

Any idea what's going on?

For reference the equipment is an iPhone XR, Pioneer head unit and of course CarPlay.

Thanks!
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

It has something to do with the phone, I believe. Apps that potentially play sound will sometimes override other apps, even if they are playing sound.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Bah so it sounds like a factory setting we can't override then, thanks!
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

My wife's 2019 Acura does the same. phone is plugged in/charging and her music is accessed through CarPlay. Then she'll open IG or something and that audio will take over

The wife’s Jeep Cherokee does something similar. When the radio is on and her phone is connected, if she “likes” something on Facebook or sends a text message, the driver’s side speaker cuts out briefly. Annoys the hell out of me.

User Tag List