Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: PMM P365 Gen 2 compensator

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I don't remember. I normally write it all down in my excel spreadsheet for future references but I just checked and I have nothing written.
    At one point, YVK and I had a theory that the PMM comp might make a 3.1 365 more reliable with 124+P carry ammo, but that might have been wishful thinking.

The more complicated this gets, the better a plain OEM 3.7 XL upper looks. My 365 holsters are XL length already either for the 3.1/PMM or better tuck.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    Might this prevent ports from detrimentally effecting reliability and lend such a treatment to using stock components such as recoil springs etc? Im pretty interested in the Helleport for my Macro.
    Can you clarify what you’re talking about?

Are you talking about adding ports to a macro and using reduced striker springs to offset?

The benefit of a macro is that it uses the XL guide rod which has more travel length so it’s not as sensitive.

FDEZ sells a tunable spring and recoil rod set that would work on the macro.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    At one point, YVK and I had a theory that the PMM comp might make a 3.1 365 more reliable with 124+P carry ammo, but that might have been wishful thinking.

The more complicated this gets, the better a plain OEM 3.7 XL upper looks. My 365 holsters are XL length already either for the 3.1/PMM or better tuck.
    I think that’s wise. There’s just not much margin left in the engineering of the 3.1 system and I definitely wouldn’t trust it for carry with a PMM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Can you clarify what you’re talking about?

Are you talking about adding ports to a macro and using reduced striker springs to offset?

The benefit of a macro is that it uses the XL guide rod which has more travel length so it’s not as sensitive.

FDEZ sells a tunable spring and recoil rod set that would work on the macro.
    No, I was reading what you were saying about the differences between comps vs ports and was thinking/ asking if, since ports don’t act as brakes like comps do, they don’t need a reduction in recoil spring weight. If true, ports may have a reliability advantage since you can use factory components?

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    No, I was reading what you were saying about the differences between comps vs ports and was thinking/ asking if, since ports don’t act as brakes like comps do, they don’t need a reduction in recoil spring weight. If true, ports may have a reliability advantage since you can use factory components?
    I wouldn’t think about it that way.

Factory components aren’t the gold standard even though people assume they are.

They’re often built with company bottom line in mind.

What’s the replacement interval recommended on parts like $40 RSAs?

2500-5000 rounds? It’s mainly to cover their asses and they tend to be stiffer sprung to protect the factory components.

Ports still affect locking time, just not as dramatically unless you use a lot of large ports.

So it’s not black and white. Comp versus port. The comp geometry matters.

Like if you drill open the sides of a comp (like I did on a Czechmate) you can blunt some of the downward force and add back some margin.

But it reduces comp downforce.

There’s always a trade off.

If you’re looking to use stock components but only change one aspect (barrel), a P365 3.1 slide is going to be a difficult balance.

Here is a video I made a couple years ago.

Well this thread saved me some money. I was about to pull the trigger on one to test for a carry gun.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Well this thread saved me some money. I was about to pull the trigger on one to test for a carry gun.
    My experiment was a sad failure lol

Pistol Forum making spend money vs saving money is at least 80:20 skew

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    My experiment was a sad failure lol

Pistol Forum making spend money vs saving money is at least 80:20 skew
    Sometimes you have to spend money, to lose money to spend even more money -- that is how we roll on PF.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

125 rounds of four brands of 124 grain ammo through two PMM'd 365s / two 10 round and two 15 round mags / most one handed / half support hand / freezing temp / lint on my carry gun / no stoppages. I'll be shooting these more but so far I am sticking with the comp.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    125 rounds of four brands of 124 grain ammo through two PMM'd 365s / two 10 round and two 15 round mags / most one handed / half support hand / freezing temp / lint on my carry gun / no stoppages. I'll be shooting these more but so far I am sticking with the comp.
    My experience with a PMM comped XL slide pretty much parallels this, I know it's apples (3.1") vs oranges (3.7") but, multiple brands and weights of ammo, strong hand, support hand, intentional limp wrist, 18-90+ degrees, 3000+ rds with stock and Magguts mags and zero failures of any kind.

User Tag List