Hello all!

I have been given a frommer stop pistol in .32 (7.65mm) but the magazine was broken, i managed to find a replacement but it is very odd from what I can tell. I would like the know the story behind this if anyone knows!

First off the Pistol is 1918 manufacture and the original magazine (left) is very poorly made (the rest of the pistol is fine though) it is made from very thin metal and is extremely Sharpe, further more the follower has snapped on the mag and there is a lot of rust on the inside not present on the rest. the other magazine (right) is in much better shape, the follower is a much more robust and the metal is thicker and well rounded. as you can see the cuts are also different, this was the first thing that struck me i cant find any pictures like it for a frommer stop online

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Admin/Downloads/20210730_203226.jpg[/IMG]

by this point some of you may be saying that this is a mag for a different pistol, well it is defiantly not as below can be seen the stamps from both marking them as frommer 7.65mm. other differences include the normal mag apparently having a capacity of 8 where's the new one can only manage 7, (the follower will not lower enough for 8)

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Admin/Downloads/20210730_203434.jpg[/IMG]

further more the 2 magazines have slightly different shapes with the newer one being a slightly more severe angle. the older one also has a lot of play when loaded rattling about where's the new one fits very snugly in the mag well

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Admin/Downloads/20210730_203751.jpg[/IMG]
(new one front old one behind)

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Admin/Downloads/20210730_203724.jpg[/IMG]
(old one front new one behind)

My current working theory is that this new magazine was a pre war model, hence the far superior condition and thus didn't have simplifications to production that where made for wartime service but if anyone can correct me then please do!