Thread: Surefire Executive Elite 2e question

Site Supporter

Surefire Executive Elite 2e question

Have an now old fashioned Surefire Executive Elite 2e question . Kept it on a living end table so if the lights went out. Not an EDC anymore. So trying it out, it was dead. Put in new batteries and there was a bright flash and then nothing. I think the bulb blew. Given the old tech, doesn't seem worth buying a new bulb or some conversion head as we have a whole new set of LED flashlights. Thoughts?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Have an now old fashioned Surefire Executive Elite 2e question . Kept it on a living end table so if the lights went out. Not an EDC anymore. So trying it out, it was dead. Put in new batteries and there was a bright flash and then nothing. I think the bulb blew. Given the old tech, doesn't seem worth buying a new bulb or some conversion head as we have a whole new set of LED flashlights. Thoughts?
    While I normally try not to be the first kid on the block to get a new toy when it comes out, I moved to LEDs very early when they first came out due to the frequency and unpredictability with which those Xenon bulbs die.

Malkoff Devices makes replacement heads that will seriously improve the usefulness of that light. My old E2E currently has one of these heads.

I don’t know if anyone currently makes any of these, but in years past it was sometimes possible to buy a replacement LED that fit within the old incandescent bulb head, using the same reflector. The problem with these is that using an LED with a reflector that is designed for an incandescent bulb produces a very wide flood beam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    While I normally try not to be the first kid on the block to get a new toy when it comes out, I moved to LEDs very early when they first came out due to the frequency and unpredictability with which those Xenon bulbs die.

Malkoff Devices makes replacement heads that will seriously improve the usefulness of that light. My old E2E currently has one of these heads.

I don’t know if anyone currently makes any of these, but in years past it was sometimes possible to buy a replacement LED that fit within the old incandescent bulb head, using the same reflector. The problem with these is that using an LED with a reflector that is designed for an incandescent bulb produces a very wide flood beam.

Mine as well. It's excellent and made the light viable again. (That was a handful of years back when I purchased it.)

I even have the original dim LED OEM head from Surefire that I've owned for many years. It's really only good for a low light / night light for preserving night vision.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter

E-series body

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    If the body, head, and switch are still good, I think it's worth getting it to work since Surefire products are so durable. I have some 6P bodies that are 20 years old that are still going strong with LED upgrades.

Malkoff sells LED conversion heads for ~$90-$190 as does Lumens Factory for ~$70. I'm sure there are others, but these are two companies whose heads I've used.

If you don't want to upgrade to LED, Lumens Factory sells replacement Xenon bulbs for ~$15. I'm sure there are others, too, plus the possibility that Bill mentioned, but I'm not familiar with those on E-series.

If you don't want to deal with any of that, you can sell the body on Ebay.

I was just looking at Ebay this morning for E-Series bodies for a lego build, so if you are interested in selling, please PM me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post

I have one of these as well. I like the form factor of my E2E, and the Malkoff upgrade makes it a handy, useful light. It’s a good general purpose light, and pretty much ideal as long as you don’t need several brightness options.

Site Supporter
    Thanks for all the suggestions, now I probably will have to spend some money on it! That's ok, we just redid the bedroom furniture and this expense pales in comparison to the evil of the Amish wood work (which is awesome BTW).

Site Supporter
    While this is a bit off topic, if any of you has an older E1E, these lights were - and possibly still are - selling at amazingly high prices. This is especially true if you have a black version, which always sell for a premium. These lights are popular not only on their own merits, but as a starting point for modified lights. Years ago I listed a silver-colored original E1E on CandlePowerForums for something like $110 or $120, and it sold within minutes of my listing it. That is more than twice what I paid for the light when it was new. A black one might have gone for as much as $200.

Site Supporter
    I'm going to have to check that out. I have an olive colored one.

Years ago I lent my E2e to a coworker, who left it sitting on the fender of a trailer, after using it to work on the boom lift on said trailer. I only realized what had happened after that trailer left the lot. I drove the path they took, but never found my flashlight. Co-worker was apologetic, but didn't replace it. Gave me an excuse to upgrade to a LED light, so I didn't press the issue.

I may have a spare bulb (MN01?) somewhere. It floated around in the spares carrier I had for a long time, before I took it out and put it in a "safe place"... now if I could just remember where it is...

User Tag List