Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: The most 70s thing you'll see today

Can't find any pictures of the Mach 1, but did find pictures of the Boss 429, amx 390 and Javelin that I had owned.
    See if I can scan them and I'll post them.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    Can't find any pictures of the Mach 1, but did find pictures of the Boss 429, amx 390 and Javelin that I had owned.
    Please do

My sister and I shared a '66 Mustang hardtop as our first car, back in the way early 90's during our HS years.

It was an automatic, with straight 6 & no A/C (in Florida), but still super cool.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    I had a 65 Mustang hardtop with a 289 and automatic as my first ride.

It was Ragoon Red with a Shelby style grill and fiberglass hood, hood pins, and white racing stripes. Black interior and styled steel wheels.

It was about '93 and I was the beneficiary of a shared love of Ford Mustangs with my old man and his disposable income.

My brother got a 79 Trans Am with T-Tops and a 403 if I remeber right. It was ragged out and rode like a brick but was pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    I had a 65 Mustang hardtop with a 289 and automatic as my first ride.
    It was Ragoon Red with a Shelby style grill and fiberglass hood, hood pins, and white racing stripes. Black interior and styled steel wheels.
    It was about '93 and I was the beneficiary of a shared love of Ford Mustangs with my old man and his disposable income.
    My brother got a 79 Trans Am with T-Tops and a 403 if I remeber right. It was ragged out and rode like a brick but was pretty cool.
    One of my classmates had a 65 Fastback manual with 289, so he won the "coolest car" contest.
    He also wound up as an F-16 pilot later on.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    My HS friend had an AMX with a 360. I swear I saw him launch so hard all 4 wheels were off the ground. It was a very cool car and rare in the 90s, at least where we lived.

I drove the family Pontiac Transport throughout HS. Again, jealous of you guys with cool cars... or any car for that matter.

Looked just like this. 3.8L V-6 though and I used to stomp on all the Honda boys with fart cans.

Lol, yeah, I like hearing stories about awesome first vehicles- my first was an ancient '91 Pontiac Grand Am that I took to college with over 100k on the clock. I festooned it with the most ridiculous conglomeration of bumper stickers that I could and incessantly drove it all around the American Southeast, praying that it wouldn't die getting off the interstate...

So pony car and beachcomber highschooler/college rides are great to hear about, because that experience was far beyond my experiences.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Then again, it's odd to think that a 25 year old '66 Mustang in 1991 was cool in a way that a '96 Mustang isn't in 2021.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Then again, it's odd to think that a 25 year old '66 Mustang in 1991 was cool in a way that a '96 Mustang isn't in 2021.
    Sometimes you can just tell a car isn't going to age well. That's one reason I really like my early 5th Gen Camaro. I think it's aging much better than the 6th gen, and even Stevie Wonder knows they aged better than the Dust Buster body 4th gens. The 3rd gens, maybe, depending on the year and trim.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I remember the Dart. My oldest brother put a few hundred thousand miles on a 63 slant six. Unheard of in those days. My uncle bought a new 64 Polara. That was about as cool as you could get if you were 15 unless you had a HD Sportster.

I had a Yamaha 650 at 16, then an H-D Super Glide at 17. At 20 I built a 47 H-D knucklehead basket case chopper into a road bike, and had the old farm truck for my 4 wheel transportation.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

User Tag List