Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: US Duty Gear?

From my most recent email with them:

Level 3 Holsters:
    Glock > Released in September
    Walther Arms PDP > Released in October
    FN 509 > Released in October
    S&W M&P > Released in December
    In 2022 we will release Level 3 for Sig Sauer, CZ and more. Also USDG version of the QLS and more accessories.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Thank you for detailed pics and info. Looks pretty dang good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I get it that Safariland can be hard to love, but if a S brand ALS for your pistol appeared, which would you rather have?
    These are the holster options I'm aware of for the 2011:

US Duty
    Safariland
    BLACKHAWK!
    Everything else that is custom and uses some version of the Blade-Tech thumb release

The Safariland I have no experience with. I ordered one many months ago and have since heard nothing. Probably time to circle back with them and cancel the order? I'd still like to see their duty holster so maybe I'll stick it out. I have used SLS and ALS holsters over the years and have generally always liked Safariland stuff.

Blackhawk T-Series. I have one of these for my Glock as well as another with red dot hood I use with my Shadow Systems. And I have one for my Staccato. By and large I like the T-Series quite a bit. It feels sturdy and seems well built. It is pretty fast and simple to operate. It is also very open on the bottom and could possibly be a pathway for mud, snow, etc if a person was to slip and fall or something. Deal breaker? I don't think so. Probably one of my favorite offerings in the duty market currently. Certainly seems rugged and seems to be a big improvement over SERPA. Probably my biggest complaint with it from a thumb safety standpoint is that it puts the shooting thumb in sort of a wrong spot to work the safety. Likely more of a familiarity issue than a real problem with the overall design. Also kind of a big holster when made to accept a light and a red dot. Oh. And it only works with the Surefire X300. Or TLR in the case of the Glock.

US Duty. Too new to rave about but also tried and true. Anyone familiar with the 6280 should be pleased. Pretty much like shaking hands with an old friend. Construction seems good. It will likely work well with the Staccato. If and when USDG gets their feet under them they'll become a solid player in the market. Not saying they aren't now but they are still pretty much an unknown company.

Everything else is custom stuff like kydex from Off the Grid and others. These are, in my limited experience, generally someone's Kydex belt/range holster with a thumb break grafted on. I haven't purchased too many of these and have used none for the Staccato but I haven't had much luck. I don't care for the Blade-Tech release and generally find the thin Kydex lacking for a daily wear duty carry rig. Granted there are a ton of custom shops out there nowadays. Someone might be making a good heavy duty product. I just haven't come across one yet.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    @Tokarev

How are you liking the US Duty hear holster after more time with it? Hopefully they release their Level 3 holster this month.

Timely thread.

I've never used the sls for a 1911. I have extensively with Berettas and loved switching to the ALS.

Thinking about the body mechanics of each I wonder if the SLS is better for 1911s..... Hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    @Tokarev

How are you liking the US Duty hear holster after more time with it? Hopefully they release their Level 3 holster this month.
    Haven't done much with it.

I guess the only news I have is that QLS fork and plate fit fine between the US holster and belt shank.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Timely thread.

I've never used the sls for a 1911. I have extensively with Berettas and loved switching to the ALS.

Thinking about the body mechanics of each I wonder if the SLS is better for 1911s..... Hmmm
    I used the SLS with a 1911 for ten to twelve years (and for several more years on a M&P with a thumb safety). Once you've rotated the bale down to the front, your thumb will be positioned to be above the thumb safety - where I like it to be.

The thumb release on the Blackhawk T series sits below the thumb safety. This forces me to re-grip while presenting the pistol so my thumb is on the safety rather than below it.

Here is the US Duty Gear Glock 17 holster made to accept WML and slide mounted optic. I have the Safariland QLS fork installed.

For some general comparisons of size, ride height and protection of optic, I am including pics of the Blackhawk! T-Series. The T is shown with the 10-8 adapter plate installed. The plate converts the T to the QLS system. It should also allow the Blackhawk! to work with the Safariland UBL directly if someone wants more versatility in ride height.

Safariland low belt loop used.

QLS forks on both holsters. Again, the 10-8 plate is used for the Blackhawk! No plate or any sort of adapter on the USDG holster.

Holsters on belt. Note location of backstrap in relation to the top of the belt.

Optic coverage. The Blackhawk! has a locking cover that locks into place via the rotating hood. The USDG is more open and does not provide a cover for debris, etc.

Stand-off from the belt. The Blackhawk! sticks out quite a bit especially with the 10-8 plate in between the holster and fork.

Lastly, my Shadow Systems DR920. Just because it is cool!

BTW--both holsters fit fine with the TLR-1 pressure switch attached.
    Last edited by Tokarev; 10-23-2021 at 07:53 AM.

Site Supporter
    Just spoke with a rep at US Duty Gear. He said the Level 3 holster for Glocks should be on the website this week or next week.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Here is the US Duty Gear Glock 17 holster made to accept WML and slide mounted optic. I have the Safariland QLS fork installed.

For some general comparisons of size, ride height and protection of optic, I am including pics of the Blackhawk! T-Series. The T is shown with the 10-8 adapter plate installed. The plate converts the T to the QLS system. It should also allow the Blackhawk! to work with the Safariland UBL directly if someone wants more versatility in ride height.

Safariland low belt loop used.

QLS forks on both holsters. Again, the 10-8 plate is used for the Blackhawk! No plate or any sort of adapter on the USDG holster.

Holsters on belt. Note location of backstrap in relation to the top of the belt.

Optic coverage. The Blackhawk! has a locking cover that locks into place via the rotating hood. The USDG is more open and does not provide a cover for debris, etc.

Stand-off from the belt. The Blackhawk! sticks out quite a bit especially with the 10-8 plate in between the holster and fork.

Lastly, my Shadow Systems DR920. Just because it is cool!

BTW--both holsters fit fine with the TLR-1 pressure switch attached.
    We saw some prototype remote switches for both TLR1 HLs and TLR7As last week. Interestingly, they did NOT fit perfectly in either the Blackhawk T Series or the Rapid Force holsters.

User Tag List