Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: US Duty Gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Alright. Holster received.

Very much a 6280-ish design. Some stylistic differences that probably nobody would even notice. Probably the biggest immediate difference is the lack of cant or tilt. Hole spacing is Safariland so QLS fork or whatever should work. The suede lining is just on the left and right sides and doesn't extend all the way to the top so it shouldn't peel as could be the case with the 6280.

Pics later.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Where is the lack of cant coming from? The holster itself or the hole spacing on the UBL? I finally heard back from US Duty Gear and they told me that their "ubl" style belt adapter is essentially the same thing in not so many words. Just curious as to where the differences lie.

Here are some photos.

Front and back overviews. Note straight up and down orientation.

The "old school" retention adjustment that pinches the seam at the back of the holster to adjust. Note maker and gun info.

Fitment of the hood and red dot flare. Note that the solar panel on the 509 is uncovered. Carlos asked me what optic I was using during time of order. So is this a standard shape or something done specifically for the Holosun?

I loved the 6280 back when Don Hume leather was our norm. Not sure I like it as much now with stuff like the T-series that provides good retention and an auto retention feature when holstering. Still, the SLS was pretty much the standard for 20 years.

The SLS does seem to work well with the 1911. It puts my thumb right where it needs to be.

Inside and bottom views.

The barrel plug in the bottom should mean the holster will work with TLR-1 or X300. I'll try a couple lights to see how they fit. I wish I had a TLR-9 to test but it is probably too long to work.

I get it that Safariland can be hard to love, but if a S brand ALS for your pistol appeared, which would you rather have?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Here are some photos.

Front and back overviews. Note straight up and down orientation.

Are you able to work a finger into the holster and contact the trigger?
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    Are you able to work a finger into the holster and contact the trigger?
    Not my fingers but I'm sure a child or someone with slender fingers could contact the trigger. Don't know what gap, if any, there is with Glock, M&P, etc.

The holster has to obviously be wide enough to accept a light. The fix, if one is needed, would be to reduce the amount of material scalloped out on the bottom while still allowing the shooter to get a full grip. I think there's room there to reduce the scallop. We'll have to wait and see how the gap looks with some other pistols.

Last edited by Tokarev; 08-09-2021 at 09:41 PM.

Site Supporter
    Looks good. The Level III holster will be interesting to see.

User Tag List