Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: US Duty Gear?

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    Safariland needs competition. I'm really hoping these guys, or somebody, gives it to them.
    Sometimes, I'm sure there are valid reasons for Safariland being quirky or difficult.

But most times, I think they just hate their customers.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    ... The UBL absolutely destroys my hip and I cannot wear it. I had questions about their "UBL" and whether or not it was actually a Safariland product or their own design. To this day, I cannot figure out why the UBL is designed to dig into the officers hip the way that it does. I know that i'm not alone in this...
    I don't know if it'll help, but I recently saw that Safariland makes a UBL pad. At $25 MSRP and with a 4.7 star rating, it might be worth a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by 757_Magnum View Post
    I don't know if it'll help, but I recently saw that Safariland makes a UBL pad. At $25 MSRP and with a 4.7 star rating, it might be worth a shot.
    I'm aware of it. I was always too cheap to try it. I ended up temporarily solving my issue by switching to a Blackhawk T Series holster. Their jacket slot belt adapter is way better designed than the UBL and completely solves the pain issue.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I just emailed them to confirm.
    They responded to say they use the Safariland hole pattern and RDS models will accommodate a 509T and Acro.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    What is the difference between the US Duty Gear holster and a 6280 SLS?

I appreciate them making duty holsters for multiple platforms. I also respect the no frills holster. I want something that works. Had a couple newer safariland 7 series and was not happy with fit and function.

They do not need to have fancy lines and a bunch of fluff. Durable finish/ build quality and reliable retention system. Simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got tracking info. Holster should arrive via post office on Monday.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Tracking shows "out for delivery." I'm like a little kid trying to fall asleep Christmas Eve.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Tracking shows "out for delivery." I'm like a little kid trying to fall asleep Christmas Eve.

I’m pretty interested myself to see what it’s like.

Alright. Holster received.

Very much a 6280-ish design. Some stylistic differences that probably nobody would even notice. Probably the biggest immediate difference is the lack of cant or tilt. Hole spacing is Safariland so QLS fork or whatever should work. The suede lining is just on the left and right sides and doesn't extend all the way to the top so it shouldn't peel as could be the case with the 6280.

Pics later.

User Tag List