Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: US Duty Gear?

I recently picked up an ALS/SLS equivalent for a Glock 19/45 with light and RDS. The “Model US-280 SRS/SRH Mid-Ride Level 3 Duty Holster - Rail Mounted Light & RDS - SDR.”

For those in the know- is the “ALS” nub supposed to be mushy? By that I mean it doesn’t automatically spring forward, like all the Safariland holsters I have experience with. If I pull up on the firearm after its holstered it will push into the forward position.

It doesn’t really affect the draw as the nub is rather large, it just feels like it’s missing tension.

Aside from that, it seems to be very well built.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I ordered a holster for a G5 22 nearly a month ago, but have not seen it yet.
    Have you talked to anyone there?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    No idea. They make an SLS style for the LTT. Call them, they’re pretty responsive.
    I sent 'em a ping via their website. Here's hoping!

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Well that was fast. They replied, saying they're looking to have some for offer in the second half of the year.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC

>Redacted, I was being unreasonably critical of a small thing.
    Last edited by stomridertx; 01-24-2023 at 08:32 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    Well that was fast. They replied, saying they're looking to have some for offer in the second half of the year.
    Like I said, they’re very responsive.

I ordered a couple during their sale on Jan 1st and they arrived yesterday. Impressed with the quality but they are still on the counter. Hope to give them a workout soon.

Any word on whether/when they'll make these for the LTT 92?
    Meh. I’m not sure this is going to be a workable solution. While I am very happy with the Glock holster, the Beretta is not exactly giving me warm and fuzzies. The hood is much taller than the gun. There is lots of movement of the gun both vertically and when twisting side to side. I’m sure it’s fine for flat range work, but I wouldn’t use it for work, home defense, or matches where there is movement.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Meh. I’m not sure this is going to be a workable solution. While I am very happy with the Glock holster, the Beretta is not exactly giving me warm and fuzzies. The hood is much taller than the gun. There is lots of movement of the gun both vertically and when twisting side to side. I’m sure it’s fine for flat range work, but I wouldn’t use it for work, home defense, or matches where there is movement.

That's exactly why I was wanting the (whatever they're calling their equivalent of ALS) version.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC

That's exactly why I was wanting the (whatever they're calling their equivalent of ALS) version.
    I’m not sure there will be. I forget who mentioned it, but I was told that a 92 with optic would need the hood. Have you heard otherwise?

User Tag List