Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crimson Trace Laserguard Pro vs Streamlight TLR 6 for G26

Crimson Trace Laserguard Pro vs Streamlight TLR 6 for G26

I've been thinking of installing a laser light combo and wanted to check here first for opinions.

The CT is quite a bit more expensive but capability wise they both seem close.

Thanks

Site Supporter
    While I cannot comment specifically in the LaserGuard Pro, years ago I briefly tried a LaserGuard on my G26. It came off after my first trip to the range. I found that the activation button interfered with my grip and I was not able to activate it reliably.

I have Cirmson Trace lasers on a 1911, a Kel-Tex P3AT, a Kel-Tec P-32, and a North American Arms Guardian. The activation switch did not interfere with my grip on any of these, and activated reliably.

The switch, a G26, and my hand just do not all work well together.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    While I cannot comment specifically in the LaserGuard Pro, years ago I briefly tried a LaserGuard on my G26. It came off after my first trip to the range. I found that the activation button interfered with my grip and I was not able to activate it reliably.

I have Cirmson Trace lasers on a 1911, a Kel-Tex P3AT, a Kel-Tec P-32, and a North American Arms Guardian. The activation switch did not interfere with my grip on any of these, and activated reliably.

The switch, a G26, and my hand just do not all work well together.
    Thanks, will see how that works out for me. How would you rate the CT brand in general?

I have a TLR6 for my G26's for few years but haven't yet got a pocket holster I like that's compatible with it.

No complaints about it but haven't fired many rounds with it attached.

IIRC I got one because @Tamara blogged about Streamlight or CT unit years ago though don't think it was for Glock pistol. Don't remember the details now.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    Thanks, will see how that works out for me. How would you rate the CT brand in general?
    All of mine are at a very low round count, but I am generally impressed. These lasers are most helpful for mouseguns. At times when you can see the laser, it turns the Kel-Tecs into virtual target pistols. The laser is useful outdoors in poor light and indoors all the time, but e red laser is useless outdoors in good light. The accuracy benefit over iron sights decreases with guns like a G26 or larger.

I put it on the 1911 because it is kept in a lockbox in my bedroom. If I need to grab the gun without glasses, I have a sight system I will be able to see.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

All of mine are at a very low round count, but I am generally impressed. These lasers are most helpful for mouseguns. At times when you can see the laser, it turns the Kel-Tecs into virtual target pistols. The laser is useful outdoors in poor light and indoors all the time, but e red laser is useless outdoors in good light. The accuracy benefit over iron sights decreases with guns like a G26 or larger.

I put it on the 1911 because it is kept in a lockbox in my bedroom. If I need to grab the gun without glasses, I have a sight system I will be able to see.
    The need for glasses is why I'm looking into these as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    I've been thinking of installing a laser light combo and wanted to check here first for opinions.

The CT is quite a bit more expensive but capability wise they both seem close.

Thanks
    Check holster availability first.

I haven't tried any of your specific combinations but can offer a few comments that may be helpful. We had a CT laser only on wife's G19-4. It was similar to what you are looking at in that the trigger button was down below the trigger guard on the front of the grip. On the G19 it always seemed to me that the trigger guard didn't have a lot of room in it and the laser made that worse. It would be really nice to find a store where you could take your G26 and be allowed to mount both the CT and the SL. We have had CT lasers on our defense guns for maybe 15 years and have never had a problem. I am huge supporter of CT. I have been shooting idpa for about 6 yrs now at a middle of the overall results level. 4 years ago I tried a night match w/ a CT laser light combo CMR 204 on my Beretta 92. For me that was a game changer. It is only 100 lumen so you aren't going to blind an attacker but, in the dark, it is more than enough to make accurate hits. Looking 100% at the target and almost not even seeing the gun is a monumental change for the better. 3 years ago after another pair of night matches, I decided our night HD pistols needed lights. They both already had CT Laser Grips so I got some CT lights to add on. A few months ago I started looking for the heaviest laser light combo and found the SL TLR-2G w/ a green laser. I will be using it next month in our 2 night matches. I have never tried a pistol w/ a dot sight but everyone I have talked with says the hardest part is switching to target focused shooting so the dot just floats into position. That is not the case w/ a laser. It is absolutely automatic to look at the target. I shoot w/ the gun at almost a normal position, just slightly lower so I am looking over top of it and seeing the dot.

Site Supporter
    Re: red dot dot v. laser, the red dot has the advantage of visibility in all light conditions.

Without glasses, the dot becomes significantly bigger, but is still useable.

I have a couple of pistols with Trijicon RM07’s and really like the auto-adjust. The few times it does not work well (shooting from a darkened area into a lit area such as using a WML) are also the conditions in which the backup irons are quite visible. The disadvantage is that the amount of distortion looking through the optic is more than I would like (which I understand is the result of coatings which make the dot more visible with lower power). It also requires removing the optic to change the battery, which I understand the new RMR HD avoids.

Others with significantly more dot experience than me do not like auto adjust and set the brightness of the dot at about 1-2 down from full brightness. For me, this results in a red lens in low light that I doubt I would find workable.

I have been very impressed with the lens clarity of Steiner’s pistol optic, but it does not have an auto adjust.

The laser works really well for my intended use, but at some point I will switch to an optic and WML for home defense.

The laser works really well for my intended use, but at some point I will switch to an optic and WML for home defense.
    It's not an either/or for vis laser versus RDS. You can use both just fine, in fact I find that strongly preferable than using just one sighting system alone.

User Tag List