Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Belly Band For LCP Size Pistols

Belly Band For LCP Size Pistols

Greetings. I looked around a bit and really didn't see an answer to my query, so here goes...

Looking for a belly band type setup for my LCP. I’m already set with IWB (Gunner’s Custom Holsters) and pocket carry (DeSantis Nemesis), nonetheless the belly band is an option that needs pursuing (for a family member).

A few things I’d like to mention is I don’t believe in a one-size-fits-all rig. There’s no way a holster can accommodate a Glock 17 and properly hold a Ruger LCP. The other is that some of the bands I’ve looked at have a Velcro safety strap. Velcro, really? 1) Velcro straps are slow as molasses in January and 2) they’re usually noisy. This belly band will be worn at work in an extremely quiet and public environment.

Incidentally, I do have some experience with this type of holster having had both a Gould & Goodich belly band and Smartcarry holsters in the distant past. I used these with a Charter Arms Undercover, retention wasn’t a problem. The LCP is a thin, flat, smooth pistol. My concerns are it working it’s way out.

Another consideration is a band that uses an existing IWB holster, such as the CrossBreed Holster Liberty Band.

If anyone has some actual experience with these holsters and a small pistol like the LCP I’d really like to hear about it. What you used and how it worked, et cetera. Thank you.
    Take Care and Stay Safe,
    Ken aka kilogulf59

Quote Originally Posted by kilogulf59 View Post
    Greetings. I looked around a bit and really didn't see an answer to my query, so here goes...

Looking for a belly band type setup for my LCP. I’m already set with IWB (Gunner’s Custom Holsters) and pocket carry (DeSantis Nemesis), nonetheless the belly band is an option that needs pursuing (for a family member).

A few things I’d like to mention is I don’t believe in a one-size-fits-all rig. There’s no way a holster can accommodate a Glock 17 and properly hold a Ruger LCP. The other is that some of the bands I’ve looked at have a Velcro safety strap. Velcro, really? 1) Velcro straps are slow as molasses in January and 2) they’re usually noisy. This belly band will be worn at work in an extremely quiet and public environment.

Incidentally, I do have some experience with this type of holster having had both a Gould & Goodich belly band and Smartcarry holsters in the distant past. I used these with a Charter Arms Undercover, retention wasn’t a problem. The LCP is a thin, flat, smooth pistol. My concerns are it working it’s way out.

Another consideration is a band that uses an existing IWB holster, such as the CrossBreed Holster Liberty Band.

If anyone has some actual experience with these holsters and a small pistol like the LCP I’d really like to hear about it. What you used and how it worked, et cetera. Thank you.
    This is the current state of the art in deep concealment:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ghlight=Enigma

Mastermind Tactics makes a low profile belt with a rubber backing that can be used with a Kydex holster that isn’t a bad option depending on the exact carry need.

Tagged for interest. A female coworker is looking to pick up a Glock 42 for running and asked about belly bands, which I know nothing about.

Site Supporter
    Demonstrated Concepts has a dedicated class for deep carry. I have taken the class and my thoughts are that it works surprisingly well. It's largely based around the enigma and it works best with skinny guns and revolvers from my experience. Rhett is on this forum and has plenty of YouTube videos about the topic as well. If you are on Facebook there is a group called PHlster concealment workshop that has a lot of discussion some of which is beneficial for deep carry.

ETA:
    https://youtu.be/lqREMKaPBF0?si=FLjyfN2Xexw8q5nU
    Last edited by wmu12071; 11-18-2023 at 10:18 PM.

Just like holsters one likely needs to try many deeper concealment belts etc to see what works for the individual. Lots of searchable info on this site. None are perfect and some work better than others. Body type and what one wishes to tote factor in greatly.

As an example a Galco type belly band caries a light J or G42 well but if worn above the waist inhibits breathing during exercise.

Enigma/Thunderware are great for larger guns under gym type clothes. The above video I would be carrying a J in my pants pocket if wearing jeans not a small gun hidden in my crotch. YMMV

If one sees a need to carry at the gym probably go to a different gym or city.

Good luck

ETA: check out Hill People chest pack for running or biking I intend to get one to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by S Jenks View Post
    Tagged for interest. A female coworker is looking to pick up a Glock 42 for running and asked about belly bands, which I know nothing about.
    Phlster is just now releasing the Enigma Express in a G42 version.

Site Supporter
    Do you know anything more about the specific intended use of the belly band? Circumstances in which the gun will be carried? Clothing typically worn at that time?
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

@Norville thanks and I’ll look into the Enigma further. To be honest, at a glance, it’s seems a bit gimmicky. BTW, I see we’re neighbors.

@Navin Johnson just wondering, but a gym is usually a public place, why wouldn’t you carry there? Incidentally, it’s been a long time since I worked out and ran. When I did, I had a Airweight snub nose in a plain old, conventional, elastic belly band on me. Back then, that was about all you could get.

@BillSWPA she, my daughter, wants it for daily carry while at work in casual clothes. I guess it would be called “office casual” nowadays. A BB would enable her to carry the same way, all the time, every day.

Essentially, the problem we’re/she’s running into is everything seems to be geared towards larger handguns. The second problem is concealed carry is a business and with that marketing rears it’s ugly head. Everyone simply wants to sell you their whizzbang, tacti-cool, latest & greatest, product (or service). She already knows what she wants, we just have to find it.
    Take Care and Stay Safe,
    Ken aka kilogulf59

Site Supporter
    A few more things that seem obvious after I learned but were not at first.

Pants with significant stretch in the waist are best.

A belt that also stretches helps to soften any edges.

The face plate of the enigma express is smaller than the enigma which helps for at or below the waist line for me. If I wanted a new enigma today I would buy the enigma express even if I wouldn't use the holster it comes with.

You have to push the enigma belt lower than your normal belt in order to keep if from showing in the back.

In the past I’ve used the Bianchi and the Uncle Mikes belly bands. They worked ok but I now have three Enigmas and they are far superior.

User Tag List