Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: US Duty Gear?

US Duty Gear?

I came across this website pretty much by accident when searching for Glock light bearing holsters:

https://usdutygear.com/

The company offers what appears to be a Safariland SLS. Holsters are available in several different color/finish options and for the usual duty pistols.

I note they are based out of Ontario, CA. I assume old Safariland employees?

So what have I missed? I did a search here on P-F but didn't see anything. Have I stumbled onto something new or am I late to the party? Anyone got a chance to use one of these holsters yet and, if so, how do you like it?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter

US Duty Gear

@Tokarev, I remember hearing about them in this thread:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-ze-Safariland

Speculation was they are laid off Safariland employees.

I have no need of a duty holster, just ALS concealment types, so don't have any reviews/additional info, sorry.

ETA: I didn't remember the exact thread off the top of my head, just did a search for

us duty gear

In the site search next to the sponsors bar above.
    Last edited by SiriusBlunder; 07-30-2021 at 05:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBlunder View Post

In the site search next to the sponsors bar above.
    That option isn't visible when using Tapatalk. I use TT probably 99% of the time for browsing, posting, etc. The app has its quirks but is also very convenient.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I have been in touch with them within the past week. They have a level-3 holster due out within the month.

I'll probably be ordering one of their level-2 holsters soon as they have some fits available that Safariland doesn't make (or least don't have readily found).
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Do these holsters use the Safariland hole pattern and will they fit a Acro or 509T without a special mod?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Do these holsters use the Safariland hole pattern and will they fit a Acro or 509T without a special mod?
    From their web page:

• Pistol Optics: Fits Sig Sauer Romeo, Leupold, Trijicon RMR. The Maximum Optic Height is approximately 1.17”. Taller optics require a custom order, please contact us.

I don't know the specs on an ACRO. The only optic that is currently agency approved is the RMR; so, I didn't ask the guy about ACROs when I was talking to him. SoCal is apparently running an ACRO in his based on the other thread.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    From the pics on the website, it looks like a standard UBL low ride height shank.
    https://usdutygear.com/holsters/mode...ide-belt-loop/

I just emailed them to confirm.

Safariland now has an Acro/509T hood that works with any of the 7xxxRDS. Part number should be on the receipt in the photo. Name:  258D13CC-67B0-4599-B947-960C45FAAA15.jpg
Views: 2904
Size:  61.2 KB
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Subjectively, my last generation Safariland RDS holster seems a better product than the newer 7TS models — the older holster seems more substantial and the pistol draws easier. Not sure if it is just my examples?

User Tag List