Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Old Bakersfield PD qual

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    It shows “This video is unavailable” to me.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Re-edited

Sorry, had a chance to watch it and GoPro chopped the second video so I re-uploaded it.

This should work:

The first two shots are very aimed for me and not on index.

With a good index it doesn’t take much to fine tune it for the aim.
    Last edited by JCN; 07-31-2021 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Sorry, had a chance to watch it and GoPro chopped the second video so I re-uploaded it.

This should work:

The first two shots are very aimed for me and not on index.

With a good index it doesn’t take much to fine tune it for the aim.
    Excellent shooting. I want to give this test a try next time I’m at the range.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    An empty revolver and an empty autoloader are the same problem, and it doesn't change because of which equipment one chose.

I'll be running this, but wheelguns and autoloaders will be held to the same standard.

But there is always this for anyone who questions things from Bakersfield:

It's a shame that so few people recognize the very real differences between Bakersfield and Nashville. Those debates were much more intense than any caliber debate.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    It's a shame that so few people recognize the very real differences between Bakersfield and Nashville. Those debates were much more intense than any caliber debate.
    ...and that sound was developed by a bunch of Oakies who fled the Dust Bowl, and one could make a viable argument that those same bloodlines are fueling the Red Dirt sound, which is once against in contrast with Nashville.

However, when I saw you quoted me, I really thought it was going to be on the revolver thing.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

The article stated that they used leather from Milt Sparks.
    If you want period correct, you’d better be prepared for the price tag: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Mil...-127632-2357-0

...and that sound was developed by a bunch of Oakies who fled the Dust Bowl, and one could make a viable argument that those same bloodlines are fueling the Red Dirt sound, which is once against in contrast with Nashville.

However, when I saw you quoted me, I really thought it was going to be on the revolver thing.
    Believe it or not, I agree with you on the revolver thing. I’ve actually agreed with that premise for a long time. I fought it in IDPA simply because they were ignoring their own rules, which in my opinion is just plain laziness.

I’ve found the evolution of country music fascinating. My parents grew up in the hills of Southwest VA and were close to the original surge of ‘hillbilly music’ that was centered in Bristol. My dad would tell stories of sneaking off to go sit on a hilltop to listen to a family play on their front porch on Saturday evenings. The ties to culture and history are intriguing to say the least.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Believe it or not, I agree with you on the revolver thing. I’ve actually agreed with that premise for a long time. I fought it in IDPA simply because they were ignoring their own rules, which in my opinion is just plain laziness.
    I figured you would be agreeing with the revolver thing.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Nerd View Post
    If you want period correct, you’d better be prepared for the price tag: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Mil...-127632-2357-0
    He wants that rig more than I do.

2 rounds in 1.5 seconds at 10 feet (“No one should be closer than that.”)
    2 rounds in 2.0 seconds at 20 feet (“The length of a car.”)
    2 reload 2 in 6.0 seconds (8.0 for revolvers) at 30 feet (“From the curb to the front door.”)
    2 rounds in 3.5 seconds at 60 feet (“From the opposite curb to the front door.”)
    So distances in meters should be 3, 6, 9 and 18 meters. (Not converting these to the last decimal place since measurements at the range tend to not be accurate to the centimeter anyway, rough conversions that ought to be "good enough".)

IDPA
    -0= 10
    -1= 8
    -3= 6
    Great! This helps a lot - B-8's are a US thing but IDPA targets can be found in lots of places.

With my slow ass draw this is going to be a challenge. But since it isn't a hard pass/fail I'm willing to give it a go. Might be a while before I can find the range time though, the local range is damn busy these days.
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

User Tag List