Claude Werner has the writeup: https://thetacticalprofessor.net/202...-pistol-match/

I participated as well, so I thought I'd share the COF for folks to try at home.

To clarify the scoring a little, it was really two tests in one, all shot on the newest RFTS-Q target. (If you have the older ones or use an IALEFI-Q, just ignore the 10" outer chest circle.) The initial 3-10 yard stages were scored for total points while the targets were exposed. Scoring was 3 points for breaking the center 8" circle and 2 points anywhere else in the silhouette. (I think hits below the "belt" line were zeroes.) So 35 rounds = 105 possible points.

Then, the final 5-yard stage was timed individually. Hits breaking the head circle were 10 points, and hits elsewhere on the silhouette were 5. Comstock = points divided by time.

Your total score was the sum of the two parts. Since a lot of people would shoot the par time stages clean, the Comstock stage (calculated to three decimal places) served as a built-in tie breaker - very clever!

I was slightly below the median, shooting a G19 with an RDS. It was my first time competing with the dot and I only had a few hundred rounds with the system. So I was pretty happy with where I ended up. It's an unforgiving course of fire - dropping a point on the par time section, or failing to break a line in the Comstock section, could move you down a whole lot of places.

I tried it again when I got home, this time shooting an iron-sighted G26 on an indoor range. Everything else was the same (even my shirt and pants, by coincidence). I didn't have a turning target system, so I reduced the par time to 3.7 seconds. I dropped three fewer points on the body shot stage, and shot the head shots five points better and 0.23 seconds faster. That improvement on match day would have moved me up 43 places in the standings.

It's a fun course of fire - give it a try.