Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Old Bakersfield PD qual

I went out yesterday and ran this cold. Scored a 90. I pulled two shots at 10 yards, one into the 9 ring and one just high. Did the same at 20. I had plenty of time at 20 and need to work on making good hits rather than beating the clock. Not terribly upset but would love a clean run.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I had a template from jlw and used that stapled to an IDPA target. Tried it “lukewarm”(one shot to a 5 yard B8 cold) before running the qual. Shot it with a 43XMOS and a Holosun EPS Carry I’m toting this weekend.
    A few points down and a few tenths over time close up gave me a 93.

Gave it a run today with an SSR with Sro and Nills from comp gear. Looks like down 2 to me and minus 1 for being ot on string 1, so 97. I made the "revolver" reload time but i suck at using speedloaders, i was trying for the 6 second auto time.

10 feet

20 feet

30 feet

60 feet
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

A different template for the Bakersfield qual is now available at:

https://firstpersonsafety.com/2023/0...sfield-target/
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Site Supporter
    I still am shooting a Bakersfield almost every range trip, as a consistent benchmark for static shooting performance. It’s a great test.

I shoot it on a B8 using the 8 ring and -0 and the 7 and 6 corners as -1, every .25 seconds over par is minus 1.
    I also always score it using hit factor and B8 scoring rings.

I’ve been paying a little more attention to the HF (a “good” run to me is over 7 and a really good run is over 7.5), while also chasing a 100. I have a lot of 97s, 98s, 99s over the years. Finally got a 100 with my G34 the other day and I realized to get a 100 I have to use more of the available time, when shooting for HF I’d be solidly under par at the 7y/20 foot if my index was tight and especially the 2r2 at 10y/30 feet, usually just over 5 seconds but dropping a 7 or two on one or more of the distances.

The original scoring method does a great job of rewarding both accuracy and speed, with there being more than one way to shoot over an 80 or 90.

User Tag List