Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colion Noir debates John Rosenthal of Stop Handgun Violence over gun control

Colion Noir debates John Rosenthal of Stop Handgun Violence over gun control

#RESIST

I wish our side would not use the phrase "gun violence"

Unless....we also use phrases like "car violence" or "fist violence" or "penis violence" or "drug violence" etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    I wish our side would not use the phrase "gun violence"

Unless....we also use phrases like "car violence" or "fist violence" or "penis violence" or "drug violence" etc.
    I’m pretty happy with Colion Noir. We are lucky to have him.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I’m pretty happy with Colion Noir. We are lucky to have him.
    I like him too.

Someone on our end needs to come up with a smackdown response to "we do more to protect ducks than people ".

Also when the man said cops only carry 12 rounds, that needs to be refuted.

Site Supporter
    While I don’t think he’s the best debater, at least he’s fighting. The man is doing more than I am, and more than most. By a wide margin, I think he does more to help gun liberty than he does to hurt it. Keep up the good work!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    I like him too.

Someone on our end needs to come up with a smackdown response to "we do more to protect ducks than people ".

Also when the man said cops only carry 12 rounds, that needs to be refuted.
    There is a smackdown response - 'We do more to protect ducks? Weird, I didn't know that we could legally hunt people with the right hunting license and tags.'

Agreed on the mag capacity thing. That 12 rounds stuff reeks of revolver + 1 reload sorts of thinking/era.

I was surprised no one brought up how prevalent patrol rifles are in modern day law enforcement. They specifically referenced SWAT and security details for large public events like baseball games. AR style rifles are pretty ubiquitous in law enforcement in 2021. There’s a good chance your local patrol officer, deputy, or trooper who responds to your call for service or pulls you over has one in their police vehicle.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    There is a smackdown response - 'We do more to protect ducks? Weird, I didn't know that we could legally hunt people with the right hunting license and tags.'
    I like it! Now if we could just get someone on our side to use it. I've heard that statement several times recently, one of their most popular.

It's impossible to debate the entirety of gun control in an hour or less. Too many rapid fire erroneous statements to refute. Before you can tear down their incorrect interpretation of the 2nd A, you are hit with protecting ducks, AR's being the most popular tool for mass shooters (amazing since it's the most popular rifle in the country today), followed by do you need a tank!?

Heck, just the meaning of the Second Ammendment could take over a hour.

Of course I don't know how many would be able to stomach such a long debate. We're used to solving major crimes, experiencing a major medical miracle, and falling in love in 1 hour minus commercial breaks.

Rosenthal is local to me. Big high powered real estate developer. He is the default "gun person" that all local media stations talk to any time there is a major incident. He owns a shotgun and occasionally shoots trap at a very high end country club type shotgun range. That is how he presents himself as a "gun owner who wants reasonable restrictions"

I wasn’t very impressed with Rosenthal in that debate.

Yeah, I know all of you are shocked by that.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List