Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Resource: MRDS Quick Reference Cards (Revision 8 Release)

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Can I please make a request for a RMRcc card?
    Sure:

qrc_rmrcc_v8.pdf

I don't own an RMRcc, but this is based on the downloadable spec sheet from Trijicon. Let me know if you see any errors.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Sure:

qrc_rmrcc_v8.pdf

I don't own an RMRcc, but this is based on the downloadable spec sheet from Trijicon. Let me know if you see any errors.
    Thank you - I’ll start playing with buttons and will report if I see problems!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I'm starting to update all QRCs to Revision 9.

If you have any errors, corrections or changes that you would like to see in any specific QRC, please let me know. My current change log so far is below. A sample screen grab of the new background, with white font and Desert Tan background is attached.

Rev 9 update log

1. Revision 9
    2. Switch to email not name
    3. Consistent use of “Footprint: xxx” added
    4. RMR/SRO/RMR cc: Logic/verbiage clean up
    5. Background from light blue to Desert Tan (hex #b1a688)
    6. Explanatory notes to white font to enhance readability

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 251
Size:  23.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I'm starting to update all QRCs to Revision 9.

If you have any errors, corrections or changes that you would like to see in any specific QRC, please let me know. My current change log so far is below. A sample screen grab of the new background, with white font and Desert Tan background is attached.

Rev 9 update log

1. Revision 9
    2. Switch to email not name
    3. Consistent use of “Footprint: xxx” added
    4. RMR/SRO/RMR cc: Logic/verbiage clean up
    5. Background from light blue to Desert Tan (hex #b1a688)
    6. Explanatory notes to white font to enhance readability
    I reworked the "base" frame again, and think I am about ready to start populating the cards.

A significant change on the layout is I decided it would be useful to include an optic specific MOA-based grid to aid zeroing, in addition to the existing 1" grid. That way, you'll have a grid that is related to the optic.

So for example, for Holosun 507c's, the grid will be 2 MOA at 25 yards, or 0.52". You can then use the grid to assist in moving the sight up/down left/right simply by holding the QRC grid against the target and counting off the squares (2 MOA = 2 clicks) to adjust the sight.

I think this grid will be more useful than a simple 1 cm grid. I like the 1" grid for general use, though, so I kept that.

The Zero Aid Grids will be:

Holosun - 2 MOA

Leupold - 2.5 MOA

Aimpoint - 3.5 MOA

Trijicon RMR and cc - 3.25 MOA
    Trijicon SRO - 1 MOA (Not sure to use the 2.5?)

Sig R0 and R1 / Vortex / Swampfox - 3 MOA

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 215
Size:  22.2 KB

I'll post the Rev 9's soon.

Well crap I printed the card with white font on my Brother B&W printer, and it doesn't really look good against the desert tan. I changed it back to black, which appears to be more readable. And of course more tweaks, mostly to satisfy my OCD.

I am going to take the first one (HS507c) and get it printed locally in color and laminated to check how it appears, then do the rest. Should be able to do this in a few more days.

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  41.9 KB

Sorry for the delays, I'm just about ready to go to print.

I set up a pdf to have two on a page. For this initial print (which is basically for me to use) I plan to print a 507c and an RMR on one page, since two QRCs will fit on 8 1/2 x 11 sheet.

I had to go talk to the print store to confirm the paper for color printing (28# stock) but I should be able to submit this online, and pick it up locally. My only concern is that the grids will render in correct size, and they don't scale the cards.

In case anyone wants an early look at the Revision 9's, this is a screen grab and the pdf I plan to print "soon". I'm also wanting to laminate this pair, so will have to see how my lamination skills are and what's available these days. Hopefully just an adhesive clear sheet.

Anyway, once I validate the print works correctly, I'll start to stamp out the Rev 9's for each of the MRDS, but will include one QRC per sheet.

I don't have an RMR, so the RMR one I print will be surplus. If anyone wants it, let me know, and I'll put it in the mail to ya gratis.

Name:  capture.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  99.7 KB

qrc_507c_rmr_v9.pdf

Right, so I just got back from the UPS store, where I had the four QRCs printed in color; 2xHS507c and 2xRMR.

I did a quick trim of one set, and folded them over to see how they'd look:

Name:  IMG_9698.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  92.0 KB

The Desert Tan turned out good in color; the grid lines, not so much. You really have to squint to see them. But the last-minute tweak I made to the title blocks, to line them in Red, and put them in a light gray background, makes them really pop, I think. The new larger 9 point font also, it makes the actual QRC content much more legible.

The cards turned out exactly 3" x 5", so they printed them true size. This means the GP 1" grid as well as the Zeroing grid should come out with correction dimensions, once I thicken up the grid lines. Which means one more trial print unfortunately, then I'll start posting the production versions.

Now just waiting on the second print sample job, should be able to pick that up today to confirm color and layout changes make the grid lines more readable. If they look ok, I'm ready to post the production run.

I had a question, in case anyone can help: I intend to put "footprint" for each sight. I came up with the following for each of the 10 planned Version 9 QRCs. Does anyone see any errors in this table?

Name:  capture.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  48.0 KB

Sir:
    I have to say again-thank you!
    Regarding the fit chart: I’m not familiar w/Sig line, and the little Holsuns(“k”) versions need an adapter plate on the slim Glocks(*?), but otherwise gtg.

Just got back from the UPS Store.

Test print #2 is a pass. The "lite" Desert Tan against a black (vs. dark gray) hatch line seems to be legible enough. I did about 5 prints, and all seemed to look ok. Printing without scaling (i.e. actual size) seems to do the trick to get the grid spacing correct. I measured several with my low-tech ruler and they are well within Harbor Freight standards, so, close enough for range work.

The current set of 10 Rev 9 MRDS QRCs has been uploaded here:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....43#post1274643

User Tag List