Thread: Thin Grip Tape?

Thin Grip Tape?

Guys, I have a couple of Glocks that have no front serrations. I tried a small piece of some grainy skateboard / tread tape on the sides of the slide up front but the tape is too thick and scrapes the inside of the holster. Any suggestions of something thinner and it could also be less aggressive than skateboard tape. Thanks

in the Glock 26 thread there is a recommendation and Amazon link to some tape that several people use. I don't recall it of the top of my head.

Whoops, reading is fundamental. That tape was suggested for grip use, I'm not aware of any being used on slides.

The stuff Talon Grips use (at least the rubbery one) is pretty thin. It's available from them in sheets.

I however doubt any tape is going to stay on the front of a slide with any normal holster.
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

Site Supporter
    A couple of co-workers use the 3M safety tread tape on both their grips and slides. The tape has remained in place even with the guns being holstered in Safariland duty holsters. Don't know about concealment holsters.
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

OP here... I'm not concerned with the tape staying on the side of the slide up front - the issue is the scraping when going in and out of the holster. I was surprised the holster clearances were that tight.

What about putting the gun in a ziploc bag, to give a little more play, so ladder tread tape will stick?

Site Supporter
    What about this?
    --Jason--

User Tag List