Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shockwave competition comparison - granted a stupid question

Rhett's set-up/accessory hacks for optimizing a bird's head.

Here he is running a TAC 13.

Watch the beginning of the vid and see how fast he runs the Black Aces gun.

I watched these videos tonight and was fascinated. Not sure I subscribe to the notion of a butt stock being completely superfluous, but there is a lot of interesting stuff to think on and experiment with. Would really enjoy spending a few hours on the range with him.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Rhett is my host in CO. and has been with me for a while. The shit he can do with weird guns and unusual equipment is pretty damn impressive.
    We've started referring to him (as a term of endearment) as "The Space Wizard".

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Edit: I usually like much of Ians stuff, but the above video (post No 2) left me scratching my head. Words to the effect of; "The shockwave uses a raptor grip, which most say is much better than the horrid pistol grips. we dont have one, so we'll use this pistol gripped gun and call it a good comparison, oh, and we wont really work with it much beforehand, just dive in and call it good". Maybe I missed some of it, as i skipped through some, but that stuck with me and sort of soured me on the vid.
    To be fair, at the time he made that vid, nobody had seen any other way of running one of those shockwaves other than at hip-level, and he hadn't yet been exposed to push-pull recoil management so bringing it up to eye level to use the sights was a nonstarter. And let's face it, the birds-head grip wasn't intended to change how the gun was held, it was meant to add sufficient OAL to make a 14"-bbl 'shotgun' into a 'firearm'. So it's understandable that, at the time, he'd equate them with a traditional 'cruiser'-style PGO. I was in pretty much full agreement with him at the time (and I still am for the traditional PGO gun), and it was only Rhett's work that changed my mind on the potential of the Shockwave-style guns.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I watched these videos tonight and was fascinated. Not sure I subscribe to the notion of a butt stock being completely superfluous, but there is a lot of interesting stuff to think on and experiment with. Would really enjoy spending a few hours on the range with him.
    Rhett is highly skilled and spends ALOT of time on niche' problems.

I think the way he works the Enigma is pretty interesting.

More Enigma work.

As someone who is intrigued with oddball stuff, this thread may cost me some money
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Rhett’s videos are what makes me occasionally regret not buying the Remington Tac-13 I passed on at a gun show early last year. I’m not sure if Remington discontinued them or what because now they’re on gunbroker for close to $2k each. Prior to seeing Rhett’s work and technique, I looked at the gun and just saw a great way to blow off half your support hand.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List