Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Shockwave competition comparison - granted a stupid question

They work it just takes practice.

To round out the utility the bird-head grip shotguns.

They run even better with the Recoil Strap.

Deer hunting, bird hunting, and regulation skeet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jGvKTmDV9w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7shQkL8FO4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ass6RrsaPS4

They make the Bug Out cut now even on foot.

Learning from Rhett is easy

Seeing Rhett run his birds head guns on YouTube inspired me to get a 1301T, birds head it (not a simple thing--need the aridus magpul adapter, mossberg shockwave grip and a couple bits of hardware from McMaster Carr, plus the hand strap that Rhett sells), and try it. First range session yielded some discomfort with full power ammo and less consistency than desired. Called Rhett from the car after the range session and arranged for a Zoom dry training session. Very helpful. Next time at range, with no warm up, i thoroughly confused my training buddy by running the birds head 1301 better (faster, more accurate, more comfy) than he could run a conventional shotgun on some quick courses of fire he threw at me. Haven't been able to practice live as much as I'd like but I birds headed and strapped my 870 and look forward to trying it out as well.

Just contact Rhett and let him coach you. IMO his rate for a virtual class is more than reasonable given his ability to get me up to speed in one session. Once I've had sufficient practice and identified any shortcomings I'd gladly do it again to refine things.

Quote Originally Posted by ADK View Post
    Seeing Rhett run his birds head guns on YouTube inspired me to get a 1301T, birds head it (not a simple thing--need the aridus magpul adapter, mossberg shockwave grip and a couple bits of hardware from McMaster Carr, plus the hand strap that Rhett sells), and try it. First range session yielded some discomfort with full power ammo and less consistency than desired. Called Rhett from the car after the range session and arranged for a Zoom dry training session. Very helpful. Next time at range, with no warm up, i thoroughly confused my training buddy by running the birds head 1301 better (faster, more accurate, more comfy) than he could run a conventional shotgun on some quick courses of fire he threw at me. Haven't been able to practice live as much as I'd like but I birds headed and strapped my 870 and look forward to trying it out as well.

Just contact Rhett and let him coach you. IMO his rate for a virtual class is more than reasonable given his ability to get me up to speed in one session. Once I've had sufficient practice and identified any shortcomings I'd gladly do it again to refine things.
    I'm interested myself in the Trash Cannon idea but I was wondering how you had your sights set up. I know Rhett's initial 1301T had the RMR CROM unit attached but he's since changed to a tube RDS on the Pic rail for a slightly more heads-up stance. I already have the CROM on mine and have no desire to chance to a Pic-mounted dot but I'm wondering if it's that big of a deal. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

I couldn't find a crom or aridus forend so I don't have them. I have a holosun 515 on the factory Pic rail. Rhett said that was ideal and I like it. Right height and eotech reticle makes sense to me with buckshot. Any lower might be more difficult to cheek weld with but I believe this depends on your own face and build and skill. Rhett makes all sorts of setups work obviously. I'd suggest running what you got and changing things only if truly necessary.

I still have to wonder, would anyone be running a birdshead/PGO grip if the NFA weren't a thing? What advantage is there, if any, with a PGO grip over a folding shoulder stock? I really don't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    I still have to wonder, would anyone be running a birdshead/PGO grip if the NFA weren't a thing? What advantage is there, if any, with a PGO grip over a folding shoulder stock? I really don't see it.
    The short length is the main advantage obviously, for maneuvering through a building, inside a vehicle, exiting a vehicle, and storing/carrying it.
    All of those things work a lot better with a simple birdshead grip versus a clunky-ass folded shoulder stock.

User Tag List