Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiny guns

The smaller dimensions, similar weight, and extra 5-7 rounds are not what I would call deceptive. YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    I think I am due for some new hockey tape on my pocket blaster.

https://limbsaver.com/collections/al...r-strip-2-pack

@Lost River

Try one of these in place of the leather when you rewrap. You’ll like it.
    Last edited by jandbj; 08-01-2021 at 07:32 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    You might be a bigger dude than I am... 5'7" with a 31" waist. I wear Carhartt's which have pretty damn generous front pockets and it's still a no-go for me. Yes, I can retrieve the 365 if only removing it is the goal, but I demand the ability to achieve a full firing grip inside the pocket and then smoothly draw the gun... The combination of the back corner of the slide plus my closed fist creates a pocket jam that I have to fight through to draw. Sometimes it works but it's not 100% repeatable for me.
    I am 5’ 8” tall, and buy 34 waist pants and 44 chest jackets.

The key is an Aholster with relaxed fit pleated pants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    https://limbsaver.com/collections/al...r-strip-2-pack

@Lost River

Try one of these in place of the leather when you rewrap. You’ll like it.
    Thank You Friend

I will have to check those out. At the very least, they are aesthetically more pleasing than my gangster version.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    Thank You Friend

I will have to check those out. At the very least, they are aesthetically more pleasing than my gangster version.
    Crimson trace offers a boot grip with the back strap covered:

https://www.crimsontrace.com/product...0.html#start=1

Ridiculously overpriced in my opinion but could perhaps find a secondhand one much cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Indeed, and its an important aspect thats nearly always left unmentioned when dimensions come up. People mostly only state the 2 dimensions, height and length, but the diagonal difference between revolvers and autos is a significant matter for pocket carry. If the same image can be done with the revolver on top of the auto it would show clearly.

Attachment 75133
    I've never found these types of diagrams/spec charts to make for apples-to-apples comparisons.

My "tiny" guns are right now are a Mag-na-port'ed 340Sc wearing CT grips (covered backstrap) loaded with 135gr +P SB Gold Dots, a 442PD with Barami-Hip Grips and a Tyler-T grip adapter with the same ammo, or a Kahr CW380 loaded with Hornday XTP.

With the 340Sc and CW380 we are talking under 15 oz loaded. These are incredibly lightweight small guns that can be hid almost anywhere without weighing down clothing causing pockets to sag. Short of a P32 or some of the 25 ACP guns they are small and light as you can get and I actually find the Kahr extremely shootable. They are compromise guns, as discussed earlier, when you otherwise wouldn't be armed.

The 442 is my "throw-and-go" gun. It's for answering the door, taking out the trash, or other times where I'd otherwise be too lazy to throw a gun and holster on. The Barami grip takes away the excuse. It's the stick-it-in-your-waistband gun that takes less time to secure than sticking your keys in your pocket and still give you five rounds of fairly effective ammo.

These guns take all the excuses away.

The P365 (and the Shield series for that matter), while a great little small package, is just over the weight limit for this type of gun. To me if fits somewhere in between the lightweight J-frame and Glock 26. It is not a replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by parishioner View Post
    Crimson trace offers a boot grip with the back strap covered:

https://www.crimsontrace.com/product...0.html#start=1

Ridiculously overpriced in my opinion but could perhaps find a secondhand one much cheaper
    They're only overpriced until you've shot an otherwise uncontrollable gun with them.

I put my first pair on a 442 in 2007. They make a HUGE difference. My 340Sc now wears them.

I really wish CT would offer a non-laser version at a much cheaper price tag.

Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post

I really wish CT would offer a non-laser version at a much cheaper price tag.
    I use these Taurus grips on my J-Frames. You need to remove the locating pin in the frame but the grips still fit tight.

https://www.shoptaurus.com/revolver-...t-grip-5-20880

Name:  IMG_5983.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  49.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    I use these Taurus grips on my J-Frames. You need to remove the locating pin in the frame but the grips still fit tight.

https://www.shoptaurus.com/revolver-...t-grip-5-20880

Name:  IMG_5983.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  49.2 KB
    I've tried those. While WAY cheaper, they're better than the factory grips, but not nearly as nice as the CT's.

The CT ones have a nicer squishy material on the backstrap along with an air pocket that absorbs a LOT of recoil and just ergonomically feel better to me.

Still for $9....

I have the Taurus grips on all my J frames.
    I find them better for handling and shooting than anything else I tried.

User Tag List