Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Tiny guns

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    This comment alone makes me want to watch Street Kings for the 15th time.
    I’ve never seen that movie, but rented it from Amazon after seeing your comment. IMDB Firearms shows no tiny guns in the movie. 😁
    ETA: There do seem to be some smaller pistols: http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Street_Kings#Handguns

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    I’ve never seen that movie, but rented it from Amazon after seeing your comment. IMDB Firearms shows no tiny guns in the movie. 😁
    I’m extremely movie picky. Most movies/tv shows (90% past, present, future) are unwatchable for me.

So that probably means you will either really like this movie or really hate it. lol

Name:  Seecamp LWS 32.jpg
Views: 468
Size:  40.1 KB

My tiny gun - a Seecamp LWS 32 that I bought new in 1988. As Tamara says, it is a bit of a brick - 13 oz. loaded, but that was less than the weight of an empty J-frame when I bought it. It has always functioned well - I have always fed it Seecamp-recommended ammo, and recently have moved to Seecamp-recommended lubricant-protectant, Eezox. That's a Baker holster I bought back when I believed I needed a big piece of leather on the outside to break up a firearms print in my jeans pocket; 30 years and it will still grip my loaded Seecamp upside down, though I wouldn't shake it anymore. I probably need a new holster.

I've toyed with buying Bigger Tiny Guns (tried a couple) and Smaller Tiny Guns (haven't yet), but this has always served me well. I enjoyed the Swiss watch feel of the original Colt M1903 .32, but I couldn't shoot it as well as I do the Seecamp - something about how I have to hold its grip safety, I think - funny, that never bothered me with the 1911, but there it is. I consider the Kel-Tek P32 occasionally, but haven't felt the need yet.

I shoot the Seecamp more accurately than a J-frame and it holds two more rounds. For a pocket pistol I much prefer its heel-mounted magazine release - I don't have to worry about it self-ejecting. I did have a Kahr magazine depart unintentionally once, and that was plenty. I occasionally read about people complain about stiff trigger pull, squirming under recoil, and breakages, but I've experienced none of that: trigger pull on mine is smooth with fast, reliable follow-up shots. When I hear about breakages I wonder whether the owner is trying to cram heavy recoil ammunition in it or maybe trying to shoot it more than I do. True, it doesn't have sights, but sighting along the top of the slide will keep me on a 3"x5" card at seven yards, and I think that's just fine.

Lucky Gunner says they sell 10 times as many .380 pistols as .32, but only twice as ammunition. They think that relates to the .32 being much more pleasant to shoot. It's likely, I think - the Seecamp is pleasant to shoot. The LWS takes a little more effort to find ammunition, but so far I've always been able to. The rounds need to be no longer than 0.91" (in order to prevent .32 rim lock), so that leaves out most FMJ ammunition. As long as you can find Winchester Silvertips, Speer Gold Cup, or PMC Bronze, the firearms will go "bang" and feed. With other hollow points, you do take your chances: Hornady .32 HP would be nice, but they tend to have hard primers, I understand, so you have to try it out, or avoid them; I just stick with the recommended three.

I might also be influenced with the knowledge that mine is basically a hand-made firearm and is solid and good looking. I admit it.

User Tag List