Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Raven Perun Quick Mount Straps (QMS)

I've been using these for a long time now on my range belt. They are great.

Hammertime
    I installed the QMS straps on my running Perun and belt set up.

The good: I don't really notice the difference between 15 and 0 degree cant. I still wear it just behind point of hip near 4:00. Draw seems fine mechanically. It is much smaller than a Phantom. The holster does not slide on the belt like it did with the rigid plastic loops.

The bad: The strap creates a downward facing hook shape that is extremely snaggy and likely to foul a draw. Non satisfactory and I will have to address this somehow.

Name:  1D5809B3-433C-418D-A4BC-F350F5D2B9B0.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  32.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    I installed the QMS straps on my running Perun and belt set up.

The good: I don't really notice the difference between 15 and 0 degree cant. I still wear it just behind point of hip near 4:00. Draw seems fine mechanically. It is much smaller than a Phantom. The holster does not slide on the belt like it did with the rigid plastic loops.

The bad: The strap creates a downward facing hook shape that is extremely snaggy and likely to foul a draw. Non satisfactory and I will have to address this somehow.
    Appreciate the report. The snag you showed wouldn't be a problem for me since I'd only use it under a suit jacket and they really don't snag sweeping back instead of up, but for $38 to your door I don't think I use it enough to overcome the aggravation of having to remove the belt. I guess if you needed another Perun the combo deal of $55 (assuming they're still running it) makes it a lot more attractive.

My first of three arrived today, and I mounted up the QMS loops with some thread locker. Initial impressions are good, but I haven’t been able to wear or test it - I’m working and there are littles about.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

The instructions don’t touch on the three adjustment holes - I think I need to play around with the strap lengths. But first wearing impression is good.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List