Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raven Perun Quick Mount Straps (QMS)

Raven Perun Quick Mount Straps (QMS)

I just saw this. Has anyone tried it?

https://rcsgear.com/qms-adaptor-kit-for-perun-0-degree

I saw their sale email this morning. A OWB that is easy to mount and unmount has a lot of appeal, but for some reason my Perun doesn’t make my heart go pitty-pat.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I saw their sale email this morning. A OWB that is easy to mount and unmount has a lot of appeal, but for some reason my Perun doesn’t make my heart go pitty-pat.
    That's how I heard about it too. I still need a concealable OWB for under suit jackets from time to time so the Perun is still relevant for me. The tightest fitting concealment OWB I ever used was the Bravo BCA with pancake loops but geez it was a big as a shoe box with rivets and all that extra material - and non-adjustable retention. Twenty years behind on design.

Maybe I should try this belt mount on mine, and pick one up for one of my usual carry pistols to give it another chance. It’s not bad or anything. I’ve been OWB for a few months now, I have a surgical scar that has been getting irritated with IWB.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Maybe I should try this belt mount on mine, and pick one up for one of my usual carry pistols to give it another chance. It’s not bad or anything. I’ve been OWB for a few months now, I have a surgical scar that has been getting irritated with IWB.
    If you try it let us know if it holds as close as the regular hard loops. I'm not sure I use my Perun enough to justify $30 for the QMS but that bundle of a Perun plus QMS for $55 seems pretty fair.

I had a set for an old school Raven and it was a cool attachment scheme. One thing i didn't like was the belt is below the snap, pushing the heavy magazine higher from the belt, maybe these could be flipped?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Looks like a good option. Didn't Dark Star used to sell OWB holsters with PTD loops?

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    Looks like a good option. Didn't Dark Star used to sell OWB holsters with PTD loops?
    I have a Dark Star Gear OWB...but it has fixed Biothane loops...and it is a splendid holster indeed.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry T View Post
    I just saw this. Has anyone tried it?

https://rcsgear.com/qms-adaptor-kit-for-perun-0-degree
    I have the kit for several Phantoms and they work great. Very secure to belt.

Ordered this one last week to try with a Perun. I have my doubts because of the 0 degree cant, but figured I could possibly modify it for 15 degrees or cut and drill the standard belt loops to accept the QMS straps.

I am sad to hear they are on sale because they seemed pricey at $38 shipped.

After digging out my existing G19 + TLR7 Perun I think I want to give the system a fair shake, especially with the QMS loops being available. I one for another gun with the QMS kit and will see how I get along with it on a daily basis, since I generally don’t carry the 19. And if that works as I hope, I’ll convert the 19 Perun to QMS, too.
    Ken

User Tag List