Thread: Gunbroker Pay

Site Supporter

Gunbroker Pay

So today I came home in the heat of the day and got some pictures of the first gun I want to advertise on GB. It's the most valuable one; likely five figures but I'm going to put a big BIN on it as well as a penny start with no reserve. The new camera takes GREAT pics. Right now I'm trying to decide how to accept payment. Don't have a way to accept CC's or other electronic payments, but I think I need to, as well as the old standy USPS MO and personal / cashier's check with waiting period. I'm not interested in going Venmo or PP, and I see that Zelle now has an anti-gun clause as well.

Anybody used Gunbroker Pay as either a buyer or seller? It apparently uses crypto but then exchanges 1:1 for dollars, not sure if CC's can be linked or just bank accounts, but it *is* electronic and that's a start at least. Curious of your experiences with it specifically. Other suggestions welcome too.

Heading back out to work now.

Quote Originally Posted by Welder View Post
    It's the most valuable one; likely five figures... the old standy USPS MO and personal / cashier's check with waiting period.
    Last time I checked USPS MOs topped out at like 1k each. Unless you want to roll up on your bank teller with a stack of MOs fronting like Flava Flav I think you're into the realm of a cashier's check (as mentioned) or EFT/wire. I suspect anyone paying $10k+ for a shotgun is going to have a strong preference for the latter. Your bank/CU probably doesn't charge for incoming EFTs and wires may have a relatively small fee. (But are faster.)

Zelle also has daily limits that are, at most institutions, going to be under $10k.

It apparently uses crypto
    bury it in the desert. wear gloves.

/xkcd

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    I suspect anyone paying $10k+ for a shotgun is going to have a strong preference for the latter. Your bank/CU probably doesn't charge for incoming EFTs and wires may have a relatively small fee.
    Who said it was a shotgun?

So are EFT's and wires pretty scam-free? As in, once it's in my account do I still need to have a waiting period to be sure it doesn't get yanked back out?

Who said it was a shotgun?

So are EFT's and wires pretty scam-free? As in, once it's in my account do I still need to have a waiting period to be sure it doesn't get yanked back out?
    Have you looked at the charges selling on gunbroker. Even if you dont use their payment system you will get charged.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Have you looked at the charges selling on gunbroker. Even if you dont use their payment system you will get charged.
    Yeah, it adds up for sure. You have to have a CC or bank account on file that they can pull fees and taxes out of. It stinks to watch the $$ leave that way, but I don't know of another way to get these guns in front of as many people with the interest and means to buy them. GB is about the only place I look at every day, and I know a lot of other guys like me in that regard.

Yeah, it adds up for sure. You have to have a CC or bank account on file that they can pull fees and taxes out of. It stinks to watch the $$ leave that way, but I don't know of another way to get these guns in front of as many people with the interest and means to buy them. GB is about the only place I look at every day, and I know a lot of other guys like me in that regard.
    Im curious is shotgun news still in business? Just spitballing.

Just looked it up its now firearms news. Have no idea how they operate. https://www.outdoorsg.com/brands/sho...firearms-news/
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

I signed up for it but haven’t used it. I’ve seen at least one seller put in their item description they will no longer use it because apparently they get hit with fees when the funds come in or go out even though the service is supposed to be free.

Have you considered one of the consignment houses like Bryant Ridge or sarah15? Sure they take a consignment fee but they get a huge amount of eyes every day including the deep pocket types that would be more comfortable dealing with a known seller vs an individual with little or no feedback. There’s been so many scammers the past year I don’t even look at NR sellers and I’ll comb the feedback of any seller with less than 20-25 transactions as a seller to get a feel for how they represent and handle things.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I've used it to pay for things, I don't sell on gunbroker. On the buyer end it seems to work or at least I haven't experienced a problem yet.
    "So strong is this propensity of mankind, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions, and excite their most violent conflicts." - James Madison, Federalist No 10

User Tag List