Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Best 10/22 Pic Rail? For Aimpoint.

  1. #11
    Site Supporter Bigghoss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Anna Kendrick's fantasies
    I don't know if their 10/22 stuff is any good. The smaller items of theirs I've tried were good. Looks they have regular receiver rails our a mount that attaches to their takedown handguard so the sight stays with the barrel.

    https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/category-s/572.htm
    Does anyone like pineapple on their pizza guns?

  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I don't know if their 10/22 stuff is any good. The smaller items of theirs I've tried were good. Looks they have regular receiver rails our a mount that attaches to their takedown handguard so the sight stays with the barrel.

    https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/category-s/572.htm

    This thing they make is super interesting:
    https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com...i-1022-t1m.htm

    I know they advertise it for their 10/22 handguard but I can't see a reason why it wouldn't work for the Ruger PC Carbine handguard they make as well or even any other gun where you need a red dot mounted that low.

  3. #13
    Site Supporter Bigghoss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Anna Kendrick's fantasies
    Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    This thing they make is super interesting:
    https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com...i-1022-t1m.htm

    I know they advertise it for their 10/22 handguard but I can't see a reason why it wouldn't work for the Ruger PC Carbine handguard they make as well or even any other gun where you need a red dot mounted that low.
    You could be right. For the PCC/charger and for their lever gun MLOK handguards they have a different mount that turns the sight 90°. Maybe that gets the sight even lower to work with the irons on those particular guns better. Not sure but there's probably a reason. Probably.
    Does anyone like pineapple on their pizza guns?

  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    You could be right. For the PCC/charger and for their lever gun MLOK handguards they have a different mount that turns the sight 90°. Maybe that gets the sight even lower to work with the irons on those particular guns better. Not sure but there's probably a reason. Probably.
    That is exactly what that 90° mount is for to get he red dot low enough to cowitness with the factory iron sights on a PCC/Charger. I don't like it because I'm not going to actually use a Aimpoint so the 90° mount makes it so I can't access the controls. ha.

  5. #15
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    AZ/UT
    Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    Aimpoint used to make a direct to receiver mount for the Micros:
    https://www.opticsplanet.com/aimpoin...ver-black.html

    But they apparently no longer make that.
    I have one of these mounts and they are worth the time and effort to look for. They mount seamlessly to the gun and keep the Micro low on the receiver top. I have this mount/Aimpoint on my truck 10/22 that I take off-roading. I wanted a simple, compact, bomb proof package and this has worked well for me.

    A while ago I went full A-Team on a 10/22 for my son, well really me, and add the sights from Samson Mfg to the folding B-Team stock: https://www.samson-mfg.com/mm5/merch...de=04-04082-01

    They worked out great, are robust and easy to adjust. The rail is great and having back up irons is a bonus to some.

    Let us know what you choose.

    Here is a couple of photos for reference:

    Name:  BTEAM1.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  99.2 KB

    Name:  BTEAM2.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  60.9 KB

    EDIT: Photo add
    Last edited by ECVMatt; 08-01-2021 at 05:13 PM.

  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    That Samson rail looks really well built. I love that it's basically tech sights with a built in rail.

  7. #17
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Columbus
    Quote Originally Posted by ECVMatt View Post
    A while ago I...add[ed] the sights from Samson Mfg: https://www.samson-mfg.com/mm5/merch...de=04-04082-01

    Does that Samson 10/22 front sight use an AK type sight post?

  8. #18
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    AZ/UT
    Quote Originally Posted by BJV View Post
    Does that Samson 10/22 front sight use an AK type sight post?
    I can't confirm 100%, but it sure looks like one to me:

    https://www.samson-mfg.com/mm5/merch...de=04-04082-01

  9. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    I have a 10/22 Takedown that I'd like to install an aimpoint T1 or T2 on. I already have an extra T1 and an extra T2, so I understand it might be silly to put a $600+ optic on a $200 gun.

    Looking online I see some $10 Chineseum pic rails for 10/22s, including some on Amazon Prime, which is tempting, but unless it's actually the best rail for the job, I'd rather buy something nicer, US-made, higher quality.

    I looked around online but I can't tell what's good.
    Here you go:
    https://aimpoint.us/micro-h-1-red-do...r-10-22-mount/

    Aimpoint is selling a H1 with a 2 MOA dot + a direct mount to a 10/22 receiver for $475.

    Looks like you screw the H1 to the mount and then screw the mount to the receiver assuming you have one that is threaded aka anything made in the last 20+ years.

  10. #20
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TEXAS !
    Aimpoint makes (or made) a direct Aimpoint micro specific mount for the 10/22.

    Why bother with pic rail if you don’t have to ?

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •