Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I think I’m old.

Site Supporter
    I saw that rock wall climbing is an event. Bah.

I also despise the human interest blather. I care not that you learned out to pole vault over your cow in Crapadoodle Land.

I think this olympics plus the pandemic just reinforces that I don’t really care about any sports except for those I participate in.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I think this olympics plus the pandemic just reinforces that I don’t really care about any sports except for those I participate in.
    That's a...how you say...BINGO!

Site Supporter
    OTOH, the women's cycling road race was fantastic. Austrian Anna Kiesenhofer, the only rider from her country, attacked from the gun and never looked back. She was part of a five-woman breakaway and she dropped the other four 41 km from the finish and soloed for the win. The Dutch dominate women's pro road racing; they had four women in the race and thought they had the race in the bag when they caught the four women Kiesenhofer had dropped. The team leader crossed the finish line with her arms raised, not knowing that Kiesenhofer was probably sipping on her beer by then.

Kiesenhofer was on nobody's radar for a win. Here's an article if you're interested.

I felt a strong urge to tell them to get off my lawn.
    Wait until you quit having sex; then you will know you are old. It also adds a level of crankiness to when you yell at the kids to get off your lawn.
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

https://www.espn.com/olympics/story/...ris-games-2024

DEC 7 2020

Breakdancing became an official Olympic sport on Monday.

The International Olympic Committee's pursuit of urban events to lure a younger audience saw street dance battles officially added to the medal events program at the 2024 Paris Games.

Also confirmed for Paris by the IOC executive board were skateboarding, sport climbing, and surfing.

Those three sports will make their Olympic debuts at the Tokyo Games which were postponed because of the coronavirus pandemic by one year to open on July 23, 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by Gater View Post
    https://www.espn.com/olympics/story/...ris-games-2024

DEC 7 2020

Breakdancing became an official Olympic sport on Monday.

The International Olympic Committee's pursuit of urban events to lure a younger audience saw street dance battles officially added to the medal events program at the 2024 Paris Games.

Also confirmed for Paris by the IOC executive board were skateboarding, sport climbing, and surfing.

Those three sports will make their Olympic debuts at the Tokyo Games which were postponed because of the coronavirus pandemic by one year to open on July 23, 2021.
    I'm starting to view AOC's "Earth destroyed in twelve years" prediction as an optimistic POV.
    Grab your gun and bring in the cat.

As a former skater, I actually enjoyed it. I remembered most of the terminology, and actually was able to do some of the tricks in my teens.

I couldn't care less about sports. However, I can appreciate the athletic ability it takes to perform at a high level.

But, let's not forget about women's Volleyball. Such a beautiful sport.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    But, let's not forget about women's Volleyball. Such a beautiful sport.
    In college those were the events we all fought each other to volunteer working for… courtside seats….

Maybe they’ll have Olympic Minecraft video game playing or something in the future.

Site Supporter
    Olympic Twitter is on the way.

User Tag List