Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I think I’m old.

I think I’m old.

I failed to muster any enthusiasm for Olympic Skateboarding.

And watching the highlights, I felt a strong urge to tell them to get off my lawn.

On the flip side, if anyone makes fun of USPSA for being stupid, I now have something to counter with….

My first job was professional skateboarder. I agree.

I have every confidence that Shark Jumping will be in the next Olympics, followed by Backwards Shark Jumping (where the athlete runs backwards and jumps), Reverse Shark Jumping (where the sharks jump over athletes), Extreme Shark Jumping (where the athlete jumps a shark while holding a shark), and other variations.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Extreme Shark Jumping (where the athlete jumps a shark while holding a shark), ...
    At 19, I'd have been amazing at this. "Did he just kiss the shark?" "Yes, his survival instincts and judgement are on an olympian level"

Part of me is excited to see skateboarding make it to the Olympics, the other part was horrified that it was just a kickflip to a grind and 90% of them botched it.
    With that said they all handled it like champs and kept getting back up for another go; and it was pretty cool that most of them were teens.
    Last edited by Artemas2; 07-26-2021 at 05:05 PM. Reason: formating ocd

Site Supporter
    Yeah, that “street” event might be one of the most boring ways ever to televise skate boarding. Hopefully the “park” competition will be more interesting. I was never much of a skater growing up, but I can still enjoy watching someone who knows what they’re doing and has good flow actually skating an entire park and combining multiple tricks.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by randyho View Post
    My first job was professional skateboarder. I agree.
    That’s is an interesting first job. Beats my first job.

Site Supporter
    If snowboarding can be a Winter Olympic sport it seems only fitting that skateboarding be a Summer one.

That said, I have absolutely zero desire to watch either or any of the other Olympic games for that matter.

Less than Zero interest in the Olympics. I have no desire to watch mediocre men compete against and defeat women.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I think I’m old.
    I failed to muster any enthusiasm for Olympic Skateboarding.
    You're getting there, but you're not old. Old is when you think about them walking away from spills that would send you to an orthopedic surgeon.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

User Tag List