Thread: XS sights F8

XS sights F8

So I bought a set of Xs f8 sights for my shield plus. I liked the sight picture enough and they were quick ship. So I grabbed em on sale.

Install was fairly smooth. Not much fitting. Once installed I realized how fat the front sight was. Not a huge fan but for inside 10 yards they worked good on the range. The dots are bright and I like the straight 8 style over the 3 dot.

I have been wearing it for work pretty religiously. Which sometimes is a 12-14hr shift. Night time mobile truck repair. So rain, sweat, dirt you name it.

Not even 3 full weeks in and the sights are rusting badly at the slide. What makes me really nervous is the underside that I had to file to fit. The coating is terrible on these and worse than some older 10-8 sights I have used by far.

Lately if it was a Glock I was running Ameriglo and anything else usually 10-8 or Trijicon.

Just a long winded heads up if you are looking at these at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How's POI on the F8s? Drive the dot or top ledge?

Quote Originally Posted by CarloMNL View Post
    How's POI on the F8s? Drive the dot or top ledge?
    Seems to be more on the drive the dot side with 147hst. Almost in between…

They are fast to pick up in the dark and the light. Front sight is indeed bright. Just not very precise sights.

I wish Ameriglo agent sights were available. That would be preferred for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List