Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1301 Aridus stock adapter question

1301 Aridus stock adapter question

Hey guys. New here but I've been following this thread for a while. Just installed Aridus adapter and SGA stock on my 1301 tactical. When I removed the factory rod from the back of the receiver I noticed there is a small plunger that seems to be spring loaded in the end of the rod that protrudes up into the back of the receiver. Im guessing that when the bolt cycles it hits that small plunger which is like a buffer kinda. Of coarse that gets eliminated with the aridus adapter kit. So now is the bolt just slamming against the back of the receiver when it cycles? Could this possibly cause problems down the road? I know alot of people use the aridus adapter and I have never heard of any problems but I was just curious if anyone else noticed it and what yalls thoughts are on it.

I have a Gen2 1301 and there was no plunger/spring assembly in mine... Just the long rod that secures the factory butt stock.
    Can you provide some pictures?

I bet alot of people dont even notice it. This is what came out of mine. The tip moves into the rod but takes quite a bit of pressure to move it. Im guessing its like a small buffer for when the bolt cycles to the rear to keep it from hitting the back of receiver??

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Well, you are indeed correct... I don't think I ever noticed that before. Nor do I remember seeing it mentioned by anyone else.
    Based on how many people have been using the adapter, including LTT, my guess is that it is not something to worry about. That part is so small I can't imagine it being used to actually buffer the bolt but it was put there for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Well, you are indeed correct... I don't think I ever noticed that before. Nor do I remember seeing it mentioned by anyone else.
    Based on how many people have been using the adapter, including LTT, my guess is that it is not something to worry about. That part is so small I can't imagine it being used to actually buffer the bolt but it was put there for some reason.
    Yeah I tried searching online and couldn't find anything mentioned about it. I was just curious what other people had to say about it. I sent Aridus an email about it just to see what they say

@e_stern might be able to provide some info.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Out of everyone that has installed the adapter and SGA stock I cant be the only one that has noticed it. Now I'm just really curious what the experts have to say. Hopefully someone will chime in

Wow. I thought this subject would get more attention than that...

Contact beretta and see what the part is for.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggs75 View Post
    Contact beretta and see what the part is for.
    Good idea. I hadn't thought of that. Going to do that right now. I actually saw on the Beretta website that they actually sell the Aridus stock adapter so I would guess that they would approve this modification...??? I wonder if they physically install it and function test things like this or just agree to sell it. Guess we will see what they say

User Tag List