Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dale "Snort" Snodgrass killed in crash

There is a saying in aviation, that is is not the many hours of flying you have done in the past that matter as much as the minutes of flying ahead of you.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Initial reports I saw were a near vertical pitch up at rotation.

Guys I work with know him. It will be seen as to the ultimate cause.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Video has been released. Terrible.

My exact comment. Looks like possibly a trim problem.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My exact comment. Looks like possibly a trim problem.
    I thought the same.

I was giving a biennial in that xCub a couple months ago, and the pilot wanted to try a short-field take-off. He inadvertently had the trim full nose-up, which I couldn’t tell from the back seat. The take-off was exciting to say the least, but I was able to get the nose down before he killed us. But it could have easily turned out just like that video.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Spoke with a friend/acquaintance of him today. The airplane in question has a unique control lock which engages both the flight controls and brakes/rudder pedals. Not likely the issue. Some speculation around the seat track (akin to Cessna issue) but not enough known. Fella I spoke with said the last time they met up was to go take a MiG 21 for a spin in NH.

Sad loss.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Spoke with a friend/acquaintance of him today. The airplane in question has a unique control lock which engages both the flight controls and brakes/rudder pedals. Not likely the issue. Some speculation around the seat track (akin to Cessna issue) but not enough known. Fella I spoke with said the last time they met up was to go take a MiG 21 for a spin in NH.

Sad loss.
    My first un-educated reaction was the Cessna seat track issue.

Quote Originally Posted by camel View Post
    I had a poster of that in my bedroom in high school.

RIP
    I had that poster too. I wanted to fly Tomcats, but it didn't turn out that way and I went Army.

Difficult to watch the video knowing he was as experienced as a pilot gets.

I had the privilege of spending an afternoon with Snort some years ago. Quite a guy.

Check out Ward Carroll's youtube channel for some awesome naval aviation (esp F-14) content, along with topical and tribute videos on Snort: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiU...7fXz0g5h8iZ_0g
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

I’m sure every field is different. But is a 4 minute response for fire trucks normal?

User Tag List