Thread: JM Custom Kydex Wing Claw 2.5, Hole Pattern?

JM Custom Kydex Wing Claw 2.5, Hole Pattern?

My default carry is a Glock 17 or 19 in the JM Wing Claw 2.0. I have gone back to PTD loops instead of DCC clips. The 2.0 uses struts that are tuckable and offer an infinite and wide range of ride height adjustment. I'm perfectly happy with the 2.0 setup.

Being that I rarely if ever use the tuck feature, I've been pondering the Wing Claw 2.5. Loops attach directly to the top of the holster without the need for struts. Do I "need" a 2.5? No. Do I want one? Maybe.

My observations / questions:

1. Is there an advantage / disadvantage to not needing or having the struts? Seems less pieces / material would be an advantage?
    2. The 2.5 only has 2 ride height options up top compared to the sliding option on the 2.0 with struts. How much of a concern is this?
    3. Normal hole spacing versus wide - what are the trade-offs?

Thanks.

Site Supporter
    My 2.5 Wing Claws have PTD Loops and wide hole spacing. I like the wide spacing for the stability as well as the ability to straddle a pants belt loop and be able to move the position of the holster side to side. I have not had any issue with only having 2 height adjustment holes. I run mine using the top holes so the holster sits lower. I have one holster for a 5 inch 1911 which I also use for my Hi Power, and one for my Shield Plus which is actually for a 4 inch pistol. I like the longer holsters with a foam wedge for the tuck of the grip and comfort.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Larry T View Post
    My default carry is a Glock 17 or 19 in the JM Wing Claw 2.0. I have gone back to PTD loops instead of DCC clips. The 2.0 uses struts that are tuckable and offer an infinite and wide range of ride height adjustment. I'm perfectly happy with the 2.0 setup.

Being that I rarely if ever use the tuck feature, I've been pondering the Wing Claw 2.5. Loops attach directly to the top of the holster without the need for struts. Do I "need" a 2.5? No. Do I want one? Maybe.

My observations / questions:

1. Is there an advantage / disadvantage to not needing or having the struts? Seems less pieces / material would be an advantage?
    2. The 2.5 only has 2 ride height options up top compared to the sliding option on the 2.0 with struts. How much of a concern is this?
    3. Normal hole spacing versus wide - what are the trade-offs?

Thanks.
    Larry T, the 2.5 w/ widely spaced loops is a better option that the struts w/ pull the dot loops for ease of use, better master grip (the struts can interfere with some grips) and the only downside is a bit less adjustment (hasn't proven to be a big issue). I think if you are not going to run a red dot (you may get kilt in da streetz if you don't :0) )then the wide hole pattern with PTD loops is the best. The normal came about as an option for the red dot users, no need for it if you aren't going to run a red dot. My .02 cents anyway.
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    Larry T, the 2.5 w/ widely spaced loops is a better option that the struts w/ pull the dot loops for ease of use, better master grip (the struts can interfere with some grips) and the only downside is a bit less adjustment (hasn't proven to be a big issue). I think if you are not going to run a red dot (you may get kilt in da streetz if you don't :0) )then the wide hole pattern with PTD loops is the best. The normal came about as an option for the red dot users, no need for it if you aren't going to run a red dot. My .02 cents anyway.
    Thanks Tony - order placed yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    Hi Tony, I just placed an order for the 2.5 with wide spaced pull the dot loops. However, I also selected the red dot cut. Is this going to cause problems?

Quote Originally Posted by rynoski View Post
    Hi Tony, I just placed an order for the 2.5 with wide spaced pull the dot loops. However, I also selected the red dot cut. Is this going to cause problems?
    Nope, the red dot cut will default to the normal hole pattern, which also has a set of holes widely spaced for pull the dots. Not as wide as one without a red dot but still wide enough to straddle a pant loop. Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

User Tag List