Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: California's drought and water theft

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I hear that. Lots of people complain about WA but if it's so GD bad why are so many people moving here. I can't even find a house to buy under 600K built in the last 25 years. I'm not looking in the metro areas either.
    That’s kinda always fucked Florida over too.

Dude sells a 50 year old split level 3/2 in White Plains for $1M and moves down to Florida and buys a 5/2 for $350k. And then complains nonstop.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post

The stupid f****** governor of the great state of Washington would blame it all on global warming or climate change or whatever is convenient this week.
    You forgot COVID, Trump, and social injustice, which are clearly the reason for every current problem.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post
    and social injustice, which are clearly the reason for every current problem.
    Well in a way…

The left’s opportunistic manipulation of the “facts” regarding this, and the right’s counter-opportunism are almost certainly part of our current problems.

Gotta keep ‘EM separated…
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Just a reminder, not all Californians agree with how things are run on a state or local level but we are outnumbered by the crazies. There are plenty here on this forum that are not part of the problem.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    . We have a very high sales tax but that allows a person to decide if they want to pay it or not for big ticket items.
    And yet, your high sales tax is no worse than or high sale tax, but then we add gas tax, income tax, property tax, food workers health care tax, fat tax, and the list goes on.

The answer to the question is simple - California has been so mismanaged by the government that there is no saving it. Pity really as is used to border on paradise……..

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    If the users would prefer, I can move this to Politics. If not, stick to the rules for General Discussion.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    The show that SH mentions, Murder Mountain, seems to be a good window into the industry and they talk to several folks that are supposedly trying to transition from illegal to legal grower. The show is ostensibly about one particular kid that turned up dead but there’s a lot more that you see in the interviews, etc. as they set up the story.
    The series wasn't very popular with the locals:

Name:  IMG_20210725_180114.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  100.7 KB

I hear that. Lots of people complain about WA but if it's so GD bad why are so many people moving here. I'm sure FL is the same way. I can't even find a house to buy under 600K built in the last 25 years. I'm not looking in the metro tri county areas either.
    Looks like we will be getting more CA moonbats here soon.

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/...na-disney.html

Here’s hoping it’s the jobs moving and not (all?j the people…

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Looks like we will be getting more CA moonbats here soon.

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/...na-disney.html

Here’s hoping it’s the jobs moving and not (all?j the people…
    I think people from CA are mostly moving to TX and AZ. There's a sizable construction boom in LV and Reno also.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Yep, The state completed fucked up the de-criminalization process...

Naturally, the expected windfall of tax and permit fees never really happened, at least on the state level. At the local level, cities can rake in big money in licensing "dispensaries". Dispensaries are basically boutiques for smokable and edible cannabis products, and are highly profitable. Most cities only approve a small handful of them, and unsurprisingly, there seems to be a lot of backroom deals and border-line corruption associated with the process.
    So, the corruption associated with licensing cannabis businesses is not always "borderline" .

https://www.ksby.com/news/local-news...nty-supervisor

"a cannabis retailer with shops in Grover Beach and Morro Bay has been charged in federal court with bribery and failing to report millions of dollars in income to the IRS.

Dayspring admitted to bribing San Luis Obispo County District 3 Supervisor Adam Hill to further his cannabis businesses. Dayspring reportedly started bribing Hill in the fall of 2016, paying him a total of $32,000 in cash and money orders. In exchange, federal prosecutors say Hill voted multiple times in favor of legislation that permitted Dayspring's cannabis farms to operate before he had obtained final permitting approvals. Dayspring also admitted to trying to bribe the mayor of Grover Beach in 2017 in exchange for two dispensary licenses."

User Tag List