Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can Y'all Possibly Forgive Me?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Shoot 400 rounds of filthy ammo through it STAT.

Then put the pistol in a bag of Cheetos and stomp on it for 5 minutes.

JK, my nightstand guns are clean and oiled too.
    I use Doritos

Site Supporter
    Not sure if we're asking for forgiveness about .40 S&W pistols, or cleaning, or both.
    I always wanted one of these for a stupid, stupid reason. It was the pistol held by the 'operator' on the cover of Rainbow Six and the numerous video game spin offs.

But I just got done cleaning this thing and I hadn't even *fired* it. Pitifully low cap 13 round mags, goofy proprietary rail, no RDS cut...

It'll get me kilt in da streetz, I tell ya!
    Unless I find some of those old Oakley goggles, and maybe one of those pre-MOLLE tactical vests. Nah, I'll stick with just the pistol.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Ah, the smell of Hope’s #9…..

For the full olfactory effect, you need to clean your gun in a room that has a wet Labrador snoozing in front of a wood fire.

Site Supporter
    SWMBO think she Hoppe’s smells like a rotten banana. I am forbidden from owning any, let alone using it in her air space.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by parishioner View Post
    I thought the M&P was originally designed around the .40?
    Yep, that is my understanding as well.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    My M&P40 1.0 is my nightstand gun. I hadn't shot it in at least a year, so I took it to the range this morning and put 50 rounds through it. It ran fine.

Now, this is the hard part...God, this is hard to write...I came home and I...I...field stripped it and...and...I cleaned it. <sob> I even used Hoppe's and a correct bore brush on the barrel, dried the bore, and ran an oily mop through it. And then...and then...I put <sob> oil on the places it's supposed to go.

Please, people, don't kick me off the P-F island! I couldn't stand the rejection! Oh God, I'm so scared...<sob>
    I've heard that pistols run okay clean, but I'm skeptical. I don't have much experience with it.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    Not sure if we're asking for forgiveness about .40 S&W pistols, or cleaning, or both.
    I always wanted one of these for a stupid, stupid reason. It was the pistol held by the 'operator' on the cover of Rainbow Six and the numerous video game spin offs.

But I just got done cleaning this thing and I hadn't even *fired* it. Pitifully low cap 13 round mags, goofy proprietary rail, no RDS cut...

It'll get me kilt in da streetz, I tell ya!
    Unless I find some of those old Oakley goggles, and maybe one of those pre-MOLLE tactical vests. Nah, I'll stick with just the pistol.
    My USP compact 40 is about the only pistol I have now without a red dot, and since L&M Precision has shut down it's destined to remain so. And it's not very clean, either.

You should see my reloading dies.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

I bought my 2006ish issued M&P40 “1.0” when we replaced them with new ones. It doesn’t get out much but today I took it kayaking. I replaced the grip pin with one that accepts a lanyard (the 2.0s come lanyard-capable). I probably ought to re-lube it before I put it away and pull out my normal EDC 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    The only thing to forgive there is the M&P40. Better platforms are available for that caliber, and better calibers are available in that platform....

pat
    LGS has a G35 w/Holosun for under $1K. I’ve given it serious thought a couple of times then remember I’ve already got a 5” M&P Pro Series .40 just waiting for me to pick up another Holosun one of those days. The M&P isn’t an “I can’t miss” pistol but it does make me look better than I am, especially on the plate rack.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

User Tag List