Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can Y'all Possibly Forgive Me?

Site Supporter

Can Y'all Possibly Forgive Me?

My M&P40 1.0 is my nightstand gun. I hadn't shot it in at least a year, so I took it to the range this morning and put 50 rounds through it. It ran fine.

Now, this is the hard part...God, this is hard to write...I came home and I...I...field stripped it and...and...I cleaned it. <sob> I even used Hoppe's and a correct bore brush on the barrel, dried the bore, and ran an oily mop through it. And then...and then...I put <sob> oil on the places it's supposed to go.

Please, people, don't kick me off the P-F island! I couldn't stand the rejection! Oh God, I'm so scared...<sob>

Site Supporter
    The only thing to forgive there is the M&P40. Better platforms are available for that caliber, and better calibers are available in that platform....

pat

I thought you were raised better than that. Hoppe’s is a cologne, not a cleaner!
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Shoot 400 rounds of filthy ammo through it STAT.

Then put the pistol in a bag of Cheetos and stomp on it for 5 minutes.

JK, my nightstand guns are clean and oiled too.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

I shot 50 rounds through my carry G19 a month ago... and never cleaned it. I probably should run a patch through it before I go to the range today.

But #9, man? Everyone who is anyone knows you should be using Fireclean... I mean veggie oil. It's cheaper than #9 by the oz.

Just wait until your father gets home!
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    The only thing to forgive there is the M&P40. Better platforms are available for that caliber, and better calibers are available in that platform....

pat
    I thought the M&P was originally designed around the .40?

I’ve tried to not clean a pistol after one magazine/cylinder, but give in within 1 hour after arriving home. My wife fired off two .357 magnum rounds with a primer only (no powder/bullet) on the 4th of July, and out came my cleaning supplies. Glocks get a bore snake between full cleanings, but my revolvers and 1911’s get the deluxe treatment. My name is Frank, and I’m a cleanaholic. LOL

Firearm maintenance is a personal decision/choice. I don't begrudge how frequent or infrequent one cleans their firearms.

In this case you said you use it for home defense. So if I shot 50 rounds through a H/D handgun, I would this: I would field strip the pistol and wipe it down with a dry cloth......slide inside and out and frame. Wipe the barrel down outside and run a wet patch of CLP down the inside......let sit a few minutes, then a dry patch down the bore. Pay attention to the breach face and extractor hook with a patch for cleanliness. Reassemble.

Home defense weapons I like clean and lubed. Range toys, well they might get cleaned every third or fourth time to the range.

Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post

pat
    The M&P is still my favorite gun for 40 S&W. Nothing to forgive there!

User Tag List