Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can Y'all Possibly Forgive Me?

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    Not sure if we're asking for forgiveness about .40 S&W pistols, or cleaning, or both.
    I always wanted one of these for a stupid, stupid reason. It was the pistol held by the 'operator' on the cover of Rainbow Six and the numerous video game spin offs.

But I just got done cleaning this thing and I hadn't even *fired* it. Pitifully low cap 13 round mags, goofy proprietary rail, no RDS cut...

It'll get me kilt in da streetz, I tell ya!
    Unless I find some of those old Oakley goggles, and maybe one of those pre-MOLLE tactical vests. Nah, I'll stick with just the pistol.
    I see you have an HK for sale.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DMCutter View Post
    My USP compact 40 is about the only pistol I have now without a red dot, and since L&M Precision has shut down it's destined to remain so. And it's not very clean, either.
    I keep hoping that another place will offer at least an HE509T or ACRO cut for the USP, since I know the RMR cut is more complicated. I'd be a repeat customer if that were the case!

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I see you have an HK for sale.
    Not for sale...

But I'll probably accept a straight trade for something else neat, like a Nighthawk 1911 or a Dan Wesson 'Elite Fury' 1911, in 10mm of course!

I keep hoping that another place will offer at least an HE509T or ACRO cut for the USP, since I know the RMR cut is more complicated. I'd be a repeat customer if that were the case!

Not for sale...

But I'll probably accept a straight trade for something else neat, like a Nighthawk 1911 or a Dan Wesson 'Elite Fury' 1911, in 10mm of course!
    OK. I was just hoping you had a 9mm you needed to see gone. I don't have a 9mm USP yet.

Site Supporter
    OK. I was just hoping you had a 9mm you needed to see gone. I don't have a 9mm USP yet.
    My poor photography skills didn't capture it well, but that one is a USP40.

The USP9 is great, but every time I've fired one it never really felt right for some reason. The slide felt slow and I was routinely throwing shots low and left like a total newb.
    That doesn't happen with the USP40, USP45, or the USP9c, interestingly enough. So the USP may be the only pistol that I prefer in .40 S&W over 9mm.

For utterly arbitrary and ultimately baseless reasons, I wish HK made a 10mm USP or a 10mm version of the HK45. But that's another ramble for another time and place.

My poor photography skills didn't capture it well, but that one is a USP40.

The USP9 is great, but every time I've fired one it never really felt right for some reason. The slide felt slow and I was routinely throwing shots low and left like a total newb.
    That doesn't happen with the USP40, USP45, or the USP9c, interestingly enough. So the USP may be the only pistol that I prefer in .40 S&W over 9mm.

For utterly arbitrary and ultimately baseless reasons, I wish HK made a 10mm USP or a 10mm version of the HK45. But that's another ramble for another time and place.
    I have an HK45. Lots to like with that one. If the military had their head out of their ass that would have replaced the M9.

Site Supporter
    I have an HK45. Lots to like with that one.
    I have a pair of light LEM HK45c's that seem to get carried more and more often these days thanks to a JMCK Wing Claw. But I need to run them through a class and decide between Glock/Gadget vs LEM vs Beretta before I go buying more pistols I still need a fullsize HK45!

Unrelated, but an unmodified HK45 fullsize 10rnd magazine can hold 16 rounds of 10mm.

Site Supporter
    I checked my records, and I haven't shot my bedside G17.4 since November, 2019. My record also says that I have cleaned it since August, 2018. At this point, I should probably just replace it with a G17.5! Since I got relatively serious about shooting just Glock 19s, the other pistols don't get out very much.

I'm not religious about cleaning my G19 which serves as a daily carry piece and nightstand gun.

That said, I think it makes sense to clean and lube any firearm you may need in a life threatening situation.

How about some dirty pictures? My 92X after 50-75 rounds Thursday and another 100 rounds Friday afternoon.

Name:  IMG_4166.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  21.5 KB
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

This thread reminds me to take my nightstand gun to the range, it's been awhile.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

User Tag List