Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dark Star Gear "Orion" (G19)

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I replaced my PTD loops on all of my Orions with the DSG metal clip. It works very well, (not perfectly as there is that slight movement), with the thickness of my various belts, and as you say, when belt-less.

There are no perfect answers, but several very good ones. My JMCK "George" is my other go-to in 19 size. With PTD loops on it, I get virtually no movement at all.
    The problem I have with the metal clip, is that it has worn holes in countless number of work shirts. Other than that, I really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    The problem I have with the metal clip, is that it has worn holes in countless number of work shirts. Other than that, I really like it.
    I think my HDs take pride of place for putting holes in my shirts.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    I ran into the same issue. I'm eventually gonna make a separate post with all of my experimentation, but to keep it short, it's a solvable problem.

I ground the lip in half and rounded it (which incidentally makes the lip exactly the length and shape of a DCC clip's lip). I also sanded and smoothed other edges that felt sharp, around other bends in the clip.

Verdict: Doesn't hang up on shirts anymore. My Versace tees can rest easy.

Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

What kind of body build are you guys?

I’m kinda scrawny at 5’ 8” 145, and AIWB is the only way I can comfortably carry anymore, but concealable it is not.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post

I’m kinda scrawny at 5’ 8” 145, and AIWB is the only way I can comfortably carry anymore, but concealable it is not.
    5'10" , 180 and I'm generally in Duluth cargo pants or shorts and a t-shirt worn outside of the pants.

Have you tried the mastermind tactics pillow? It made a huge difference for me. Much better than foam pads.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar

Let's start here: Where does it print for you? What kind of holster are you using? Where on the o'clock chart are you wearing it?

Some holsters function better at 1 o'clock (DSG Orion), while others function better at 2:30 (original Keepers).

Slim dudes tend to have an easier time carrying closer to centerline.

Are you carrying a reload AIWB on the opposite side? It helps with the way a shirt drapes for concealment purposes.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

I wear mine at 1.30...seems to be the happy medium of concealment, access and accommodating belt loops.

6' 175. That wing thingy on the DSG for my 365Xl made all the difference in the world. I can actually wear a shirt that is not two sizes too big for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    Let's start here: Where does it print for you? What kind of holster are you using? Where on the o'clock chart are you wearing it?

Some holsters function better at 1 o'clock (DSG Orion), while others function better at 2:30 (original Keepers).

Slim dudes tend to have an easier time carrying closer to centerline.

Are you carrying a reload AIWB on the opposite side? It helps with the way a shirt drapes for concealment purposes.

I wear at about 1:00, spare mag on the opposite side, 11:00.

Seems like the whole thing prints. If you look at me from the front, looks like nothing is there. Any other angle and it looks like I’m trying to hide a dang gun and some extra ammo under my shirt.

I use a JM George and AIWB mag carrier on a Wilderness 5-stitch.

User Tag List