Thread: What happens with your trust if you move states?

What happens with your trust if you move states?

I’m thinking I may move elsewhere as I get older. What happens to the trust, and do you have to re-engrave everything?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’m thinking I may move elsewhere as I get older. What happens to the trust, and do you have to re-engrave everything?
    There's nothing special about moving a trust's state of incorporation just because it owns NFA firearms. Have a lawyer reincorporate the trust in the new state, and then file a 5320.20 (if needed) as you would for any other out-of-state move.

And no, you don't have to re-engrave anything. The engraving on an NFA firearm just indicates where it was made. You're not remaking anything, just relocating.

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    There's nothing special about moving a trust's state of incorporation just because it owns NFA firearms. Have a lawyer reincorporate the trust in the new state, and then file a 5320.20 (if needed) as you would for any other out-of-state move.

And no, you don't have to re-engrave anything. The engraving on an NFA firearm just indicates where it was made. You're not remaking anything, just relocating.
    Thanks! There’s a good chance I’ll end up in Texas at some point.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List